• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warning, there's quite a few pictures here

43 posts in this topic

That is very true, and even more so for some areas than others. Like I said before, this lady was a one time weekend setup to make room in her garage. I was in the right place at the right time, fortunately, with the right amount of money :banana:

Thanks everybody :acclaim: There's always the next pick, but I'm sure I'll be hard pressed to match this one anytime soon :busy: I'll put up some pictures again tomorrow. I know I have a Miller DD, some more FF, Iron Man, and some other oddball books.

That is very true, and even more so for some areas than others. Like I said before, this lady was a one time weekend setup to make room in her garage. I was in the right place at the right time, fortunately, with the right amount of money :banana:

Great pick up! With Flea markets and junk malls the key is to be consistent in your approach. You have to go a lot and learn the types of sellers that frequent those particular sales. But sometimes you just catch the right deal!

Enjoy the books!

Congrats, nice score.

Thanks :) Never thought I'd run into a lot of this size and quality. Normally I just find a book or two, if any.

Everyone of those was great. Even coverless. :golfclap:

Alright, I've gone through 200 bags and boards and I have about 20 more books to pack up :busy: It was very interesting to see runs of issues in the X-Men, Thor, Iron Man, and Fantastic Four sets. Here is some of the X-Men :)

P1000168.jpg

P1000169.jpg

P1000170.jpg

I got real lucky on this find :banana: Now I get to go through and analyze which books I'm going to get graded. After going through and bagging/boarding the books, I'm still amazed of the condition of 65% of the books, considering the lady kept them in a rubbermaid tote. Strangely enough, only the Uncanny X-Men run, with the Dark Phoenix, were in bags (shrug) Guess that particular run meant more to this person.

There's no telling how long these books were probably just setting in this tub in the garage. Thank goodness it was a tote with a tight lid. It probably saved the books from getting wet and moldy. :ohnoez:

I got real lucky on this find :banana: Now I get to go through and analyze which books I'm going to get graded. After going through and bagging/boarding the books, I'm still amazed of the condition of 65% of the books, considering the lady kept them in a rubbermaid tote. Strangely enough, only the Uncanny X-Men run, with the Dark Phoenix, were in bags (shrug) Guess that particular run meant more to this person.

There's no telling how long these books were probably just setting in this tub in the garage. Thank goodness it was a tote with a tight lid. It probably saved the books from getting wet and moldy. :ohnoez:

That's a great score at that price, but I really don't see anything that would justify spending $20-$30+ a pop to slab them. The X-Men would have to be absolutely perfect to justify it and all seem to have some slightly rounded corners. Don't evaporate your profits (even you plan on keeping these and not actually taking any profits any time soon) with expensive encapsulation.

That's a great score at that price, but I really don't see anything that would justify spending $20-$30+ a pop to slab them. The X-Men would have to be absolutely perfect to justify it and all seem to have some slightly rounded corners. Don't evaporate your profits (even you plan on keeping these and not actually taking any profits any time soon) with expensive encapsulation.

That certainly is an aspect I'm taking into consideration, justification of costs. There are a quite a few books that are worth grading that are not pictured that are very sharp. I may put a couple up in the spare a grade forum to get some opinions. Most I'll sell off raw or keep for my personal collection. I'm also looking at grading from a registered set point of view. I will be very keen in the end on what's ultimately worth the costs. Thanks for the input (thumbs u