• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed

101 posts in this topic

1940 CGC cream to off White pages. 1st BOOK DEVOTED TO CAPTAIN MARVEL, WHO OUTSOLD SUPERMAN FOR MUCH OF THE GOLDEN AGE!

Still a prominent DC Mainstream Superhero & Justice League Member, with many cartoon appearances and even a live action TV series over the years and recently he had his own cartoon DVD movie! There are rumors that Captain Marvel could be given the red carpet treatment with his own blockbuster movie that would make this (only 10 nicer) skyrocket in price! The JLA movie is already a sure thing and should create quite a bit of interest! Compare this to Superman #1 from the same era and you know this book is way undervalued and has a lot of room to grow! (Especially in this Rare High Grade, Investment Quality!)

Overstreet Guide is Over $4,000! Sales of this book in the past several years have ranged between $2,900 and $3,350 except for one anomaly in the 2K range. Perhaps I am crazy, because I saw one of the few defects as seen in the back cover scan as a very slight spine roll. I had a pro presser look at the scan and he said hey, you have a real shot at 8.0 with a nice spine pressing! 8.0 is incredibly rare and the last 8.0 copy sold for $5,000!

Offered at just $2,795 a Fantastic opportunity for somebody to hold for the upcoming DC movie buzz, or press if that is your preference! I will take PM or :takeit: whoever is first for a truly beautiful historic treasure! CGC case in perfect condition!

I have a 12 year ebay history with perfect feedback AND Power Seller Status! (I sell a lot of Keys and more will soon follow!)

115028.jpg.e92a96bcaaebdb025815627e65c8f9c6.jpg

115029.jpg.84998ec9070383b371fb5ff574f128be.jpg

I believe this has Jack Kirby art as well, not that the book needs any more to the sales pitch. Good luck with the sale.

By the way, Board "etiquette" would be to limit oneself to one thread per concurrent sales offering per category.

Overstreet Guide is Over $4,000! This same grade sold for $2,990 in 2005, $3,346 in 2008 and, $2,898 in 2011, and $1,912 a couple of weeks ago.

Fixed it for you :thumbsup:

Great book!

Saw the same cert number in GPA when I checked those past sales, was wondering if someone would mention it :juggle:

Overstreet Guide is Over $4,000! This same grade sold for $2,990 in 2005, $3,346 in 2008 and, $2,898 in 2011, and $1,912 a couple of weeks ago.

Great book!

Saw the same cert number in GPA when I checked those past sales, was wondering if someone would mention it :juggle:

All of the books :blush:

Great book!

It wouldn't have been a big deal if he had mentioned it in his initial post. Sometimes people get a deal and GPA registers it. Doesn't mean the book won't sell for more next time around.

Great book!

It wouldn't have been a big deal if he had mentioned it in his initial post. Sometimes people get a deal and GPA registers it. Doesn't mean the book won't sell for more next time around.

Yep.

Great book!

You should buy it. It will match the Captain Marvel pom-poms that you trot out when you are doing your Captain Marvel cheerleading.

Great book!

You should buy it. It will match the Captain Marvel pom-poms that you trot out when you are doing your Captain Marvel cheerleading.

I'd love that book and used to have one but I'm on a tight budget. I need a new pair of leather pants for mid-Ohio.

Sometimes people get a deal and GPA registers it. Doesn't mean the book won't sell for more next time around.

If that is in fact the case, should you not extend this math the other way? Just because someone overpays doesn't mean it won't sell for less next time around.

I'm not suggesting anyone overpaid, this book is way outside my focus, but would it be more reasonable perhaps to drop both lows and highs from the equation? Not trying to threadkrap here, but this seems to be the course this conversation is taking. Cool book either way and I actually considered picking it up even though I'm just your basic SA Marvel key zombie. Good luck with the sale!

Great book!

Yep.

GPA is a tool, it's not the end all be all. if someone wants the book badly enough, throw out GPA.

Sometimes people get a deal and GPA registers it. Doesn't mean the book won't sell for more next time around.

If that is in fact the case, should you not extend this math the other way? Just because someone overpays doesn't mean it won't sell for less next time around.

Yep.

Great book!

Yep.

GPA is a tool, it's not the end all be all. if someone wants the book badly enough, throw out GPA.

True, but if someone's trying to sell a book based on GPA realized prices, actually quoting them in their listing, they're not being terribly upfront by pretending the last recorded sale didn't happen.

Great book!

Yep.

That wasn't the point of my little nudge, though. The seller is free to price the book however he sees fit - no question there.

But if you're using GPA numbers to show that your price is reasonable, and you then blatantly ignore the most recent sale simply because it's lower than your asking price, well, that seems a bit misleading :shrug:

Great book!

Yep.

That wasn't the point of my little nudge, though. The seller is free to price the book however he sees fit - no question there.

But if you're using GPA numbers to show that your price is reasonable, and you then blatantly ignore the most recent sale simply because it's lower than your asking price, well, that seems a bit misleading :shrug:

To be fair, he did say this...

Sales of this book in the past several years have ranged between $2,900 and $3,350 except for one anomaly in the 2K range

Granted, he did use the term "anomaly" which is debatable.

I believe this has Jack Kirby art as well, not that the book needs any more to the sales pitch. Good luck with the sale.

By the way, Board "etiquette" would be to limit oneself to one thread per concurrent sales offering per category.

Actually, he drew Captain Marvel Adventures #1, not Special Edition Comics #1. Not trying to act like my namesake, just trying to keep the facts straight on the Information Superhighway.