• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever sold something on eBay

34 posts in this topic

Yep, right down the block. We met up and he ended up giving me some sweet restored Timelys to sell including USA 7 and Torch 12. Put them up on the boards four or five years back. Pretty cool.

I actually bought a nice set of cookware off ebay from a guy in my same zip code. I messaged him asking if I could just pay for the cookware and pick it up without having to pay for shipping. He refused and I had to pay some ridiculous shipping cost, even though we lived minutes away.

Yes..lol I bought a doll at goodwill once for $2.95 ..I listed it on Ebay the same day. I loaded the pictures had the auction all done up nice. I saw others and said Hmm some have sold for $300 I will make mine $275 BIN and maybe get lucky.

I went back in to check my listing to see how it "looked" to buyers. And it was gone. I thought maybe I had somehow messed up the listing but no..it had sold BIN 4 minutes after I listed it.

The lady emailed me and asked if she could pick it up cash in hand. She lived rather close and wondered if I could meet her at the Goodwill store..

lol it was pretty funny considering I had just bought it there earlier in the day.

She was pleased as punch and forked over the cash..whoooo hooo

I actually bought a nice set of cookware off ebay from a guy in my same zip code. I messaged him asking if I could just pay for the cookware and pick it up without having to pay for shipping. He refused and I had to pay some ridiculous shipping cost, even though we lived minutes away.

Yeah, that's unfortunate and a little ridiculous.

It might depend on what kind of city you live in though.

I'm always a little on edge when meeting people to sell or buy $$$ items off Craigslist. (:gossip: I don't live in the safest city.)

Sold a load of ASM to a guy who lived about 1 min from where I work.

I usually specify that buyers wait for me to send an invoice in case I can provide combined shipping discounts but this buyer jumped the gun and paid the full amount. I contacted him and arranged a full shipping refund and arranged to deliver them by hand.

The buyer was so pleased with the service he handed over half a dozen DC moderns as a thank you.

I didn't sell, but I won an auction that I didn't realize was the next town over.

It was weird because it felt like I was ripping somebody off. I won 30 Days of Night 1-3 1st prints for $37. It wasn't until the very end of the auction where I realized the item was from. I asked if I could pick up in person and he agreed. (Didn't feel like paying $10 shipping from literally the same postal zone.)

That was weird. "Hi, here's the money I own you that's about 1/3 of what it's actually worth. BYE!" Awwwwkwaaaaard.

Same thing happened to me. Guy lived in the same town, and didn't want to meet for a $30 comic. Paid like $5 shipping instead.