• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever sold something on eBay

34 posts in this topic

yes, it happened once last year...the seller actually drove a few blocks and hand delivered the item to me 2 hours after the auction ended after she saw my address from Paypal.

Very nice gesture for sure even for a $10 item.

I won a Cadillac off ebay listed by a local dealership. 1800$ when the blue book was around 9k. They were so mad they wouldnt even look me in the face. They would have seen a big eatin grin if they would have.

No, not even my own state, but then, there are 7x's as many people in New York City as there are in my entire state.

And most of them don't have running water, little less sell on eBay. :sorry:

I keed. We sell on eBay. :whee:

No, not even my own state, but then, there are 7x's as many people in New York City as there are in my entire state.

Dentures and bridges...?

hm

Dentures and bridges...?

hm

Children and Chitlins.

:whee:

The guy across the street from the in-laws found out that I liked comics. He yelled across the street one day, and had me come in to see what he had...

All his original EC's from when he was a teenager.

ecs.JPG

Most books were in the VG to Fine range, some were stunners, some were coverless. We worked out a price, and I also sold a bunch of 1960's playboys in "off the newsstand" condition for him to sweeten the deal.

Now that's close!

to someone who lives a couple of blocks away from you!?!?

Yes(!)... sold a bunch of my Bugle American doubles (70s alternative newspapers from Milwaukee) to a buyer who ended up only 5 blocks away on Brady St. Strangest thing. She bought everything that did not fetch a premium and I hand-delivered them to her a few days later near the Hi Hat Lounge. I must walk by her place every day, but have yet to run into her.

to someone who lives a couple of blocks away from you!?!?

.....I once sold a book to someone that lives a few blocks from me,...but the weird thing is that I did an internet hook-up with someone else that lived at his house a year earlier and I was shown his private comic room in the basement,....it was massive with every DC you could imagine,...I was going to send a personal note, but felt it would be bad taste though if I said "Enjoy the CGC book,...btw I had hot monkey sex in your comic room last year and it was awesome!!!",...the room that is ,...not the sex...please don't judge me,...but it's true,... :P

Yes..lol I bought a doll at goodwill once for $2.95 ..I listed it on Ebay the same day. I loaded the pictures had the auction all done up nice. I saw others and said Hmm some have sold for $300 I will make mine $275 BIN and maybe get lucky.

I went back in to check my listing to see how it "looked" to buyers. And it was gone. I thought maybe I had somehow messed up the listing but no..it had sold BIN 4 minutes after I listed it.

The lady emailed me and asked if she could pick it up cash in hand. She lived rather close and wondered if I could meet her at the Goodwill store..

lol it was pretty funny considering I had just bought it there earlier in the day.

She was pleased as punch and forked over the cash..whoooo hooo

(thumbs u