• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 12 CGC 1.5 $4749 shipped

24 posts in this topic

Action #12 CGC 1.5

Just got this recently from heritage but focus changed due to recent transaction. Asking my exact cost. Yes this is more than the hammer price since I'm in california so taxes were applied. Price is firm. If it doesn't sell, I'll put it back on ebay

$4749 shipped- Paypal

or

3% discount if paid via check or money order

Willing to trade for an unchipped AF15 blue label CGC (no markings/writings/white grayish background) based on 12 month GPA average; if its more than this book I'll cover the difference

No list members

1st :takeit: based on time stamp (PM or on listing) gets it

005-12.jpg

012-9.jpg

action12bcgc15.jpg

ac12cgc15.jpg

Beautiful Book! I'd put $500 more in it to be restored. Could be top census!!!
bad idea...put $500 into the book to make it worth 50% less (I know, defies logic, but that is the current state of the market)

bad idea...put $500 into the book to make it worth 50% less (I know, defies logic, but that is the current state of the market)

Couldn't agree more. Blue label books with a lesser grade can bring in more $$$$ compared to a purple label. And usually a quicker sale. Id leave it as is.

Couldn't agree more. Blue label books with a lesser grade can bring in more $$$$ compared to a purple label. And usually a quicker sale. Id leave it as is.

I disagree gents. A SA 7.0 sold in 2010 for the More than this 1.5 just did.

SA ( 7.0 ) - (1) $4,838 (1) $4,838 - $4,838 Sep-2010

In my opinion, for $500 Kenny could possible have this at MP 8.0 - 9.0 (Top census is 8.0)

There may not be a huge jump in value but I think there is money to be made and the book will present better and you would be able to handle it without it getting damaged anymore.

I had a Batman #14 in similar condition. Cover detached and all that. When Kenny was done with it....BAM MP 9.2

In my opinion, for $500 Kenny could possible have this at MP 8.0 - 9.0 (Top census is 8.0)

There may not be a huge jump in value but I think there is money to be made and the book will present better and you would be able to handle it without it getting damaged anymore.

I had a Batman #14 in similar condition. Cover detached and all that. When Kenny was done with it....BAM MP 9.2

the problem with that is, you have to compare apples to oranges...that 7.0 slight sold for that because the buyer bought with the intention to "un" restore it and get a lower , but "blue" label grade (remove the glue and ct)... if the resto was unreversable (cleaning, etc, that this 1.5 would need in order to potentially reach a 7.0 or better) it would NOT have sold for the same relative price...

so, I stand firm in my opinion, that is supported with facts (thumbs u

Gator, This will be my last post as I don't like to threadcrap. Apologies to the OP.

When I look at GPA to make purchasing decisions, all that info you just stated is not given to me.

In your opinion, what do you think an Action #12 CGC 8.0 - 9.0 M(P) would sell for on the open market???

I think at least $6000 - $8000

Gator, This will be my last post as I don't like to threadcrap. Apologies to the OP.

When I look at GPA to make purchasing decisions, all that info you just stated is not given to me.

In your opinion, what do you think an Action #12 CGC 8.0 - 9.0 M(P) would sell for on the open market???

I don't think Dat minds us conversing, it is relative to help sell his book (thumbs u ...and he has a GREAT book for sale here, that visually is more appealing than the technical grade, and is, IMO, worth every bit of 5K as is (and we are keeping his thread near the top... win-win!)

a 7.0 blue label just recently sold for $20K...I feel an 8.0 would sell for $30K+ and a mod restored copy at about 20% of that value...so, your 6K range is accurate imo...

that said, I don't believe a 1.5 can be moderately restored upto the 8.0 or higher range...typically, a book can move a max of 5 grade points with mod prof resto, if the ideal candidate (and this copy might just be ideal)

...so this 1.5 might can be a 6.0-6.5 Mod, and that would make it's value about 4K... as mentioned, it is more valueable as a 1.5 copy as is, will appeal to more collectors (many unrestored collectors won't buy restored), and will appreciate at a faster rate than restored and still presents "great" (relative to numerical grade)...

I already have a 6.0 or I would have added this to my run , so I am sure someone else will realize that soon (thumbs u

I don't think Dat minds us conversing, it is relative to help sell his book (thumbs u ...and he has a GREAT book for sale here, that visually is more appealing than the technical grade, and is, IMO, worth every bit of 5K as is (and we are keeping his thread near the top... win-win!)

a 7.0 blue label just recently sold for $20K...I feel an 8.0 would sell for $30K+ and a mod restored copy at about 20% of that value...so, your 6K range is accurate imo...

that said, I don't believe a 1.5 can be moderately restored upto the 8.0 or higher range...typically, a book can move a max of 5 grade points with mod prof resto, if the ideal candidate (and this copy might just be ideal)

...so this 1.5 might can be a 6.0-6.5 Mod, and that would make it's value about 4K... as mentioned, it is more valueable as a 1.5 copy as is, will appeal to more collectors (many unrestored collectors won't buy restored), and will appreciate at a faster rate than restored and still presents "great" (relative to numerical grade)...

I already have a 6.0 or I would have added this to my run , so I am sure someone else will realize that soon (thumbs u

Rick, I don't mind at all (thumbs u

the problem with that is, you have to compare apples to oranges...that 7.0 slight sold for that because the buyer bought with the intention to "un" restore it and get a lower , but "blue" label grade (remove the glue and ct)... if the resto was unreversable (cleaning, etc, that this 1.5 would need in order to potentially reach a 7.0 or better) it would NOT have sold for the same relative price...

so, I stand firm in my opinion, that is supported with facts (thumbs u

Give it another 75-100 years; they'll be tons more restored. The paper used on these books wasn't intended to last, folks. Sometime before then, the realization of this will hit home, and restored books (depending on amout of work done and quality of the work, mind you) will rise in value. Only books completely sealed off from air will survive in their current state. Or unless you have them in a old fridge in the Rocky Mountains.....

Action #12 CGC 1.5

ac12cgc15.jpg

Amazing book! (worship)

Not trying to talk it up to much, but Action 12 has been dramatically increasing in value as of late, but is still under-valued.

Folks this book contains the first ever printed appearance of Batman ever in a one panel ad at the end of the Superman story. Worth its weight in gold times over.

Darn scarce, darn impressive.