• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Higher Grade Vintage Sci-Fi Paperbacks (& Hard Covers!)

98 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm looking to fund a "larger" purchase and I thought I would float some non-comic book items (but related!) on the boards to see if I could free up a little funny money. Specifically, I have some really nice vintage Sci-Fi paperbacks that I am going to offer. I figure there has to be a guy or two here interested in these.

Terms are as expected... :takeit: trumps all. Domestic shipping included. International shipping will be actual cost. Paypal preferred, but checks and MOs are okay as long as I can hold them until they clear. Full refund returns (minus return shipping) if not happy with the book(s) as long as you let me know within 3 days of receipt that you will be shipping them back.

In general, these books are really nice... I've been collecting pbs for several years and these are generally the nicest copies I've been able to locate. So, before you PM me saying "The Paperback Price Guide says..." or "I saw this book on eBay for...", please remember, that a) I know ... and b) these books are really nice. :foryou:

The asking prices are pretty firm, but I will consider offers, especially on multiple books.

I'm going to start off with some higher end stuff and then move on the others. I have a lot of 50s, 60s and 70s Sci-Fi pbs, including a lot of PBOs and 1st paperback editions so if there is a particular book you are looking for, please shoot me a PM and I will dig into the horde and see if I have it.

Sorry for the pregnant pause... I was having trouble logging into the site.

1st up:

Avon #285 An Earthman on Venus by Ralph M.Farley (1951)

earthman.jpg

earthman-back.jpg

Super sharp and glossy. Minor bump top of spine on back and very light edge/corner wear. Small, neat pen notation on title page ("B 10/20"). Great spine. Very supple.

$150

Next:

Avon Fantasy Novels #2 The Green Girl by Jack Williamson (1950)

greengirl.jpg

greengirl-back.jpg

Sharp, glossy and supple. Minor edge and corner wear. Small, neat pen notation on title page ("B 5/23")

$100

Avon #370 The Moon Pool by A. Merritt (1951)

:takeit:

Next:

greengirl.jpg

greengirl-back.jpg

Sharp, glossy and supple. Minor edge and corner wear. Small, neat pen notation on title page ("B 5/23")

$100

Avon #370 The Moon Pool by A. Merritt (1951)

:takeit:

Done. Congrats!

Some outstanding books.

Thanks. There are a lot more, but I am gauging interest. These rarely come up for sale in this sort of shape, so the market is a little "undefined".

Books from this era are tough to find in nice shape. Very sweet.

True. This batch of Avons came from a collection of a few 100 1950s to 1970s pbs I picked up several years ago. Really stunning. I had seen these books before, but never in this sort of shape. These are really cool and accessible collectibles (IMHO) and very scarce in nice shape.

Some outstanding books.

Thanks. There are a lot more, but I am gauging interest. These rarely come up for sale in this sort of shape, so the market is a little "undefined".

Books from this era are tough to find in nice shape. Very sweet.

True. This batch of Avons came from a collection of a few 100 1950s to 1970s pbs I picked up several years ago. Really stunning. I had seen these books before, but never in this sort of shape. These are really cool and accessible collectibles (IMHO) and very scarce in nice shape.

I believe paperbacks are a great market for some fantastic(see above pics as examples!) & affordable items.