• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lady Mechanika

173 posts in this topic

All the covers are stunningly beautiful but not sure about the value of collecting this title in long run any more: 3 issues and 25+ covers. Story is great, just ridiculous with cover reprint after cover reprint at almost every convention. Thinking of getting the art print then buy the TPB for the story. Has this title beat out Lock&Key in the number of Variant issues yet?

552842_411397378892201_138839109481364_1413552_54480356_n.jpg

Interesting! Found this of the Lady Mechanika Facebook page.

And the Original Artwork:

576595_408173155881290_138839109481364_1407685_364438779_n.jpg

Wow that is an awesome cover :) the only thing it needs imo is a bit more @@ showing lol

3 issues (well, 4 if you include #0) - and 200 variants. Partying like it's 1992 all over again!

Precisely why my registry set is going up for sale. I can handle a few variant covers but it's now gotten ridiculous.

I don't mind the time between issues, I understand the business and Joe wanting complete control over everything, it's why every issue has been what it is.

I'm still sticking with it, as I am a big fan of Joe's work, but the amount of variants is starting to get to be a bit too much. I know a variant is not the reasoning behind the time between issues or anything, but it needs to start moving along or lose any momentum that has been gained.

I started getting them all until #2 never came out. Sold them all off for premium. Haven't picked up an issue since.

We probably don't see issue #4 until next year. The current cons variant is on issue #2 so there will be cons variant for #3, most likely for the rest of this year cons season. Anyone know if this is mini or ongoing series?

If it's ongoing, it definitely gives new meaning to the word. :frustrated:

It is a lovely looking book. I have several copies of two of the regular copies of #3. I would think, lovely as they are, that the endless variant covers are a bit annoying to someone trying to collect them. maybe leave it at 2 "regular" edition covers and two 1,000 copy variant covers, so 4 per issue, that is manageable. they overdo it and people loose interest. maybe if more time was spent on he book rather than variant covers, it could come out at a more manaegeable once every 2 months. again, people lose interest when it is 4 or 5 months. and if he came out with 6 issues a year that would leave more opportunities for variant covers!