• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lady Mechanika

173 posts in this topic

The whole series is starting to gain a little momentum again. At least for buyers on eBay. I've seen some brisk sales these past few weeks around $10-$20. hm

And the artwork is just gorgeous. Steam Punk at it's finest in my honest opinion.

Yeah, I'm guilty of that. I just picked up a CGC 9.8 LBCC variant for, wait for it....296.00.

Speaking of whether Lady Mechanika is still a hot book or not.

I've got a lot of 10 Lady Mechanika's up on eBay right now. Been posted since last night at 8pm central. Bid is up to 34.00 already. It will be interesting to see where this one lands.

Also there is this one. looking pretty hot so far. I'm really watching this one, I've got a 9.8 SS signed by Benitez and Steigerwald. 5 days left as of this post.

Lady Mechanika New York Comic Con Edition

I've got a lot of 10 Lady Mechanika's up on eBay right now. Been posted since last night at 8pm central. Bid is up to 34.00 already. It will be interesting to see where this one lands.

Also there is this one. looking pretty hot so far. I'm really watching this one, I've got a 9.8 SS signed by Benitez and Steigerwald. 5 days left as of this post.

Lady Mecahnika is poping up all over my The Market website in the modern area as a book heating up so for whatever reason its hot. I sort of thought it was the CGC board members talking it up or something. (shrug)

Lady Mecahnika is poping up all over my The Market website in the modern area as a book heating up so for whatever reason its hot. I sort of thought it was the CGC board members talking it up or something. (shrug)

Holy ! I am EXTREMELY interested in that auction for the NYCC edition (already over $300 bucks with 5 days left!). I have 3 or 4 in my short box that I picked up early last year for about 25-30 bucks each along with several of the 1:15 variants of issues 0 and 1 that I picked up at about 10-15 bucks each (all 1st prints). I may have to send these off to CGC this year if the trend keeps up and start buying the actual books again (at the moment I have been buying only the digital versions after issue 1) . hm

I'm guilty of a doing a little speculating with this book as I think the steam punk theme could be the next big thing in mainstream popculture. Much like how the hot item at the moment is zombies and before zombies it was vampires. It's looking like my modest gamble of about $150 could pay off nicely and still leave me with a copy of each for myself.

It was a looonnngggg wait between issue 1 and 2! I genuinely enjoy the series (I'm a big Aspen fan in general) as I think the art and story are both fresh and even went as far as to write a short journal entry about the series last year stating it was a solid read (August maybe?), but I never expected to see a Mechanika book break the $100 barrier. It's a bit surreal...

If you look at GPA the last one sold for 410.00 in February. This one might beat that. It will certainly be I interesting to find out.

The NYCC is the best performing one of the series, I'm surprised the LBCC I picked up a week or so ago didn't go for more. It's a tough book in high grade it seems.

Well, surprisingly, nobody sniped that auction, ended at 470.00.

I dunno, $470 is a lot to pay for this ... methinks someone wised up before spreadin' the dough.

I have only been collecting comics since December, and I have not seen or heard of this book. After reading this thread I am in love, and will try to pick up a nice 9.8 online. Please don't bash me too hard for not knowing, but I don't see this book in Previews. Is there a special place to get this when the new one comes out, or can I just order it from any comic book store?

This is a creator owned book, of Joe Benitez. It does not operate on a regular monthly or bi-monthly release, which may make it difficult for some to locate.

I would expect issue #4 to be released within the next two months. You can order it from any comic book store, it's an Aspen title.

This is a creator owned book, of Joe Benitez. It does not operate on a regular monthly or bi-monthly release, which may make it difficult for some to locate.

I would expect issue #4 to be released within the next two months. You can order it from any comic book store, it's an Aspen title.

Thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to this book!