• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JLA #1

36 posts in this topic

did not care for this one at all...skipped it last week, they still had some this week and everyone and their dog seems to like it...just not my bag I guess (shrug)

I don't have a dog and I liked it. :baiting:

:grin:

It holds my attention with the action, but what will do it for me in the next 2-3 issues is if the story lives up to it. Otherwise, just going to let it go. (shrug)

did not care for this one at all...skipped it last week, they still had some this week and everyone and their dog seems to like it...just not my bag I guess (shrug)

It holds my attention with the action, but what's will do it for me in the next 2-3 isues is if the story lives up to it. Otherwise, just going to let it go. (shrug)

So far Action has been the most interesting but it felt more like a superman homage than a superman comic...

Still need to read Animal Man and Swampy...

I think a lot of the art in these books is terrible...but same goes for a lot of current series by both companies. I cant even tell half the time who drew a book and a lot of times that's because like 5 different people did. You cant even tell who characters are from one page to the next unless they are in costume.

It holds my attention with the action, but what will do it for me in the next 2-3 issues is if the story lives up to it. Otherwise, just going to let it go. (shrug)

So far Action has been the most interesting but it felt more like a superman homage than a superman comic...

Still need to read Animal Man and Swampy...

Sorry about the typos. Corrected. I was using a phone to reply then.

So I just finished reading Action #1. This is definitely not a title I will continue to read. The art was terrible and what's up with mostly everybody's eyes always looking crossed?

Plus Superman bleeding just from trying to stop a train and looking beat up while fighting tanks? I know he was supposed to be young, but come on. meh Going to let this one go.

read a few now and gotta say all been good to read apart from Batwing, now that was just terrible, feel ripped off buying it

lol just been to my LCS, he has sold 5-10 times the quantities of the relaunch as he would for the regular books, he has 2 copies of Stormwatch,1 of JLI left and nothing else...except a

HUGE stack of Batwing, he even sold out of Hawk&Dove!!!

That was Jurgens art? wow. I thought it was terrible.

Well one of us has taste what can I say... :baiting:

I didnt meant to imply that you didnt have taste. :devil:

It looked rushed to me and paled in comparison to his Booster Gold work. I didnt even recognize it as DJ art.

Considering that Hal Jordan has never been a Green Lantern in todays New DC Universe, it's a bit cak that he was 5 years ago (shrug)

Hmmm...Where are you getting that from? I fell behind in my GL reading towards the end there, but from what I gather, the conclusion of the previous series produced a change in the Hal Jordan status quo (relative to Sinestro). Maybe you're confusing that new status quo with the idea that Hal Jordan has "never" been a GL in the DCnU.

Considering that Hal Jordan has never been a Green Lantern in todays New DC Universe, it's a bit cak that he was 5 years ago (shrug)

Hmmm...Where are you getting that from? I fell behind in my GL reading towards the end there, but from what I gather, the conclusion of the previous series produced a change in the Hal Jordan status quo (relative to Sinestro). Maybe you're confusing that new status quo with the idea that Hal Jordan has "never" been a GL in the DCnU.

Hal definitely was GL before. The only continuity carried over is Batman and GL. I'm not sure how it is reconciled within the DCNU, but their continuity still holds.