• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in Sufunk's Pedigree Avengers collection

578 posts in this topic

Two HUGE books that i just got in hand an hour ago.

The #2 is BY FAR the biggest Pedigree issue i have so far and makes up for the regular 9.4 #2 i missed in the November Clink auction power outtage fiasco so i am on cloud 9 to actually have a HG Pedigree #2! :cloud9:

The Annual 3 pushes me past Ghost Town into the #1 spot in the Avengers 92-200 Registry set!!! :o To be ahead of a COMIC GOD like Ghost Town in ANY set is just unbelievable!!!

I would lie to say what a GREAT guy Ghost Town is! A few weeks back i talked to him via pm about getting close to passing him. I'm somewhat friends with him(as much as you can be with someone youve never met and talk to via pm every once in a while) and didnt want to just add a bunch of books at the last second and take the Registry award in this set. For a guy like him, it would have been really, REALLY easy to throw a few grand at some upgrades and make sure i never passed him but instead, he just gave me the "good luck and if you pass me, you pass me so Congrats!" To pass him in ANYTHING is an honor beyond words. To pass him in an Avengers registry set is "pinch me i must be dreaming" territory!!! :cloud9:

sig.jpg

AP2.jpg

apann3.jpg

The progress you've made toward your goal is impressive, to say the least. That 2 is stunning.....it looks undergraded from the scan....GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The progress you've made toward your goal is impressive, to say the least. That 2 is stunning.....it looks undergraded from the scan....GOD BLESS....

Thank you!

I was thinking it might have CPR potential but there a pretty wicked bindery chip at the top of the spine that doesnt really show up in the scan. Even without that though, i am NEVER playing that game again after my Avengers 4 fiasco. It's a 9.4, a Pedigree and BEAUTIFUL in hand. I dont care if it could be pumped up to a 9.8, im on cloud 9 with it and sure as hell aint playing that game again with it! (tsk)

....I don't blame you......although I might be tempted to try and get that Av 4 back to it's 9.2 glory. If these are your permanent collection, then the label isn't quite as important. GOD BLESS....

....I don't blame you......although I might be tempted to try and get that Av 4 back to it's 9.2 glory. If these are your permanent collection, then the label isn't quite as important. GOD BLESS....

Oh trust me, thats happening the 1st loose grading period i see! lol

Ill probably want to sell my 4 eventually to pay for a Pedigree when one presents shows up and theres a BIG $$$ difference between 9.0 and 9.2 :censored:

How many different peds reside currently in your Avengers run and what is the possible amount of different peds that are obtainable. Sorry if this was asked already.

Chris

I have 13 different now. I think this is my breakdown right now:

Mass copy 1

Twin Cities 9

Northland 1

Rocky Mountain 14

Suscha News 29

Green River 4

Curator 3

Boston 2

western Penn 13

Pacific Coast 3

Don Rosa(does this count?) 2

Winnipeg 15

Bowling Green 2

How many are there? Thats a good question hm

I know theres White Mountain and Savannah which i dont have. Then, according to gpa, theres ones im not familiar with or no longer are recognized by CGC like Ohio, Diamond Run, Big Apple, Circle 8 and Mile HighII.

So, it looks like theres about 20 or so depending on how you count them and if you count no longer recognized Pedigrees (shrug)

A great niche to strive for. Do you think every issue is available with a ped? Likely there are many non ped unfortunatly for you, then what is the earliest issue that you know of without a ped notation available?

A great niche to strive for. Do you think every issue is available with a ped? Likely there are many non ped unfortunatly for you, then what is the earliest issue that you know of without a ped notation available?

I could be wrong but im pretty sure every issue has a Pedigree copy, especially with now savannah, TC and Suscha coming out. I havent actually gone thru each and every one but i think at least the 1st 100 issues all have Pedigree issues. I dont think it will become a problem until at least issue 150 hm

I'll have to actually go thru and check now to see

Looks like the 1st issue that might not have a Pedigree copy is 115. There isnt a sale of one on gpa but that doesnt mean there isnt one as you know. 115 is one of the harder to find BA Avengers issues so its possible that there isnt a Pedigree copy but that seems unlikely. The 1st 114 issues definitely all have at least 1 Pedigree copy available.

Doug Schmell or Jeff(cheetah) would probably know best but i know that neither of them will respond here so if anyone is actually interested and wants to know i'd suggest sending them a pm (thumbs u

Looks like the 1st issue that might not have a Pedigree copy is 115. There isnt a sale of one on gpa but that doesnt mean there isnt one as you know. 115 is one of the harder to find BA Avengers issues so its possible that there isnt a Pedigree copy but that seems unlikely. The 1st 114 issues definitely all have at least 1 Pedigree copy available.

There's probably a Winnipeg copy out there somewhere. Same with Western Penn.

There's probably a Winnipeg copy out there somewhere. Same with Western Penn.

Hey! How have you been Barton?

I'd assume there's also a Suscha since I have like 20 Suscha news between 100-130. It probably had some fault that kept it below a 9.0-9.2 and was sold raw by CC. Most of those 100-130 Issues have multiple Suscha News copies from what Ive seen (shrug)

All of the Rocky Mt copies sold through CL initially so it would not be in GPA. So I would guess that run went pretty far. Pacific Coast runs went at least until 1973 so I bet those are out there and just have not resold or been graded.

I would think there are not any Ohio or Beth. issues at all but that is supposition.

Doug Schmell or Jeff(cheetah) would probably know best but i know that neither of them will respond here so if anyone is actually interested and wants to know i'd suggest sending them a pm (thumbs u

RADCC551200923_18648.jpg