• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in Sufunk's Pedigree Avengers collection

578 posts in this topic

Lets be honest Jason the Avengers are Earth's mightiest heroes but they are no Guardians of the Galaxy.

914821-rocket_raccoon_01_super.jpg

:roflmao:

I know Marvel is on fire but if they can't make a successful movie out of THAT, DC should just hang up the towel!

Great gets, Jason! All killer copies.

That Avengers #57 cover is right up there with Surfer #4 as some of John Buscema's best work ever.

Thanks Barton! Definitely my favorite Marvel cover of all time :cloud9:

Huh? Other than being in the keys last weekend I think I've posted every day brotha.

I only have 2 57's. I just sold my raw last week in my sales thread so now I have this one and my 9.2 although most likely the 9.2 will be gone very soon to help pay for this one. Not that it will help much! :o

Guess we read different threads. I tend to stay in the low grade you never see the comic areas. lol.

You need to buy more copies. You begin the horde might make it harder to find. Drive up demand for the Vision. He could use the help. And all this attention for Rocket Racoon is INSANE! I have the two books everyone is looking for..and this hype will not last! I should sell them. lol

how is it that just the #57 has a date stamp? I'd think a pedigree would have pretty similar "processing" marks if they were coming from the same newstand back in the 60s, or maybe the OO was able to get them set aside w/o date stamps most of the time...

either way awesome additions, and I love that #52! That Yellow cover is SICK@!

how is it that just the #57 has a date stamp? I'd think a pedigree would have pretty similar "processing" marks if they were coming from the same newstand back in the 60s, or maybe the OO was able to get them set aside w/o date stamps most of the time...

Thanks!

The 57 gets all the attention but that 52 is SMOKING. I'm very interested to get it in hand and see what's what. I was shocked it went as low as it did considering how nice the scan looks. Grim reaper 1st appearance also which ties in to my whole Vision obsession so it's a minor grail for me also :cloud9:

Avengers 57 sold out in my area when I was a kid.....maybe they had to track one down elsewhere. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks!

The 57 gets all the attention but that 52 is SMOKING. I'm very interested to get it in hand and see what's what. I was shocked it went as low as it did considering how nice the scan looks. Grim reaper 1st appearance also which ties in to my whole Vision obsession so it's a minor grail for me also :cloud9:

I'm assuming you didn't pay anywhere near what it went for in 2009 (thumbs u That book looks FLAWLESS for sure.

Thanks!

I'm assuming you didn't pay anywhere near what it went for in 2009 (thumbs u That book looks FLAWLESS for sure.

The 57? With the BP, it was almost exactly 1/3 of the 2009 price Doug paid :o

Done EVER be the 1st to buy a single highest graded! Especially if it's a SA Marvel cus odds are, there's another. That goes triple for an expensive book since every copy under the sun will come out of the woodwork once one sells for BIG money :gossip:

Thanks!

Done EVER be the 1st to buy a single highest graded! Especially if it's a SA Marvel cus odds are, there's another. That goes triple for an expensive book since every copy under the sun will come out of the woodwork once one sells for BIG money :gossip:

You got them at hefty discounts. Prices on schmells books don't seem so impressive.

Thanks!

You got them at hefty discounts. Prices on schmells books don't seem so impressive.

....I don't think it was all his rep. There really hasn't ever been another offering of this magnitude....this following a very strong year in the market. GOD BLESS....

Thanks!

....I don't think it was all his rep. There really hasn't ever been another offering of this magnitude....this following a very strong year in the market. GOD BLESS....

Honestly, I don't think it was his rep or the market whatsoever. Back in like 2007-2009, there were a few BSDs grabbing them up and fighting for top registry. Guys like Doug and cheetah and probably some others went to war on these books and drove the prices up to some CRAZY numbers on a lot of books. With those guys out of Avengers now, there just isn't anyone willing to bid up these books now even if the market was strong as a bull. I think there's a bunch of guys like me who want them and will pay decent prices but aren't willing or able to go crazy like they were. I know I'm never gonna have the top registry set so there's no book I HAVE to have and will pay a crazy price for.

Also, a lot of those books at the time were single highest graded and the only 9.8 so the prices when they went to auction were nuts. Now most of them have like 2-5 9.8's floating around so they aren't gonna get the prices they did back then.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's my take on what went down today (shrug)

A pretty good day and haul! Congrats Jason! :applause:

I just wish I could afford the undercopies!

Thanks man!

Shoot me a pm, you know I'll hook YOU up if you really want any of those 4. My undercopy for the 42 is "only" a 9.2 and the 53 a 9.4 soothe prices aren't too bad (thumbs u

Thanks!

Honestly, I don't think it was his rep or the market whatsoever. Back in like 2007-2009, there were a few BSDs grabbing them up and fighting for top registry. Guys like Doug and cheetah and probably some others went to war on these books and drove the prices up to some CRAZY numbers on a lot of books. With those guys out of Avengers now, there just isn't anyone willing to bid up these books now even if the market was strong as a bull. I think there's a bunch of guys like me who want them and will pay decent prices but aren't willing or able to go crazy like they were. I know I'm never gonna have the top registry set so there's no book I HAVE to have and will pay a crazy price for.

Also, a lot of those books at the time were single highest graded and the only 9.8 so the prices when they went to auction were nuts. Now most of them have like 2-5 9.8's floating around so they aren't gonna get the prices they did back then.

No, it was good karma for you. I remember you missed out on a few big books in the past due to an outtage and you took a break. Based on what you have purchased since you've been back, I think its safe to say it's paid off.

Thanks!

Completely agree. Great arguments :applause:

I'll only modify the discussion in that there was a limit to my madness and the market moved beyond what I was willing to pay. It's now come back down so maybe I will get back into the Avengers again.