• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in Sufunk's Pedigree Avengers collection

578 posts in this topic

Finally, FINALLY found a copy of issue 105! :banana:

People talk about Avengers #103 as being tough to find in high grade (9.4+). And it is. But if you look at the census, Avengers #105 is just as tough or tougher.

#103: 6 in 9.6, 12 in 9.4

#105: 5 in 9.6, 14 in 9.4

But I still can't believe you'd besmirch your collection with an 8.5. (I'm kidding.)

Barton you're just being polite. :sick:

You better watch it! Gods gonna punish you and make you're children collect low grade DC!!! :baiting:

lol

Better than high grade Marvel.

People talk about Avengers #103 as being tough to find in high grade (9.4+). And it is. But if you look at the census, Avengers #105 is just as tough or tougher.

But I still can't believe you'd besmirch your collection with an 8.5. (I'm kidding.)

You better watch it! Gods gonna punish you and make you're children collect low grade DC!!! :baiting:

lol

Says the guy with the uber HG sig line! :baiting:

You know we're just playin around right Flash? I don't want to you off cus I like you but I don't really know you that well or talk to you very much. I talk to Peter and Barton all the time so we know when we're just kidding around with each other ( although I'm sure they do both really want to :sick: at the thought of an 8.5 in their collection! lol ) . I'm pretty sure you know we're joking but just want to make sure before you get added to the mountain of boardies pissed at me (thumbs u

Alright Peter and barton, does THIS redeem me for that 8.5?

Was strolling thru gpa checking out the HA auction prices and stumbled on the link for this on eBay for well over 20% less than the RM copy went for Thursday! Thats one of my favorite things about gpa that people never talk about, the links to all the active auctions on books. Without those, i would probably never have even seen this.

You cant possibly beat getting a Curator for SIGNIFICANTLY less than a Rocky Mountain!!! :banana:

ap50.jpg

lol

Says the guy with the uber HG sig line! :baiting:

You know we're just playin around right Flash? I don't want to you off cus I like you but I don't really know you that well or talk to you very much. I talk to Peter and Barton all the time so we know when we're just kidding around with each other ( although I'm sure they do both really want to :sick: at the thought of an 8.5 in their collection! lol ) . I'm pretty sure you know we're joking but just want to make sure before you get added to the mountain of boardies pissed at me (thumbs u

He's joking (kinda).

Well, based on his screen name, I assume he isn't joking! lol

Like I said though, he's always been a cool guy to me and I like him so just want to make sure he knows I'm just playin around.

Well, based on his screen name, I assume he isn't joking! lol

Like I said though, he's always been a cool guy to me and I like him so just want to make sure he knows I'm just playin around.

I'm just messin with you. I love Marvels as well. Eventually I need to change my sig line a bit.

Was strolling thru gpa checking out the HA auction prices and stumbled on the link for this on eBay for well over 20% less than the RM copy went for Thursday! Thats one of my favorite things about gpa that people never talk about, the links to all the active auctions on books. Without those, i would probably never have even seen this.

You cant possibly beat getting a Curator for SIGNIFICANTLY less than a Rocky Mountain!!! :banana:

ap50.jpg

Nice Jason, wow that white is perfect. I like it. :applause:

Thanks! :acclaim:

I saw the auction listing on gpa and when i clicked it, i was assuming it would have some CRAZY BIN price after the RM sold for $1200. The page loaded and i was SHOCKED that it was sitting well under 1k and free shipping to boot :banana:

That was about the fastest i ever clicked a BIN in my life! one thing ive learned buying Pedigrees, when you have a chance to buy a Curator for a decent price, you buy it IMMEDIATELY! (thumbs u

No, anything below a 9.4 is like an infectious germ that can contaminate your entire collection. It's like a flesh-eating virus and not even a 9.8 Curator is immune to its devastating effects.

No, anything below a 9.4 is like an infectious germ that can contaminate your entire collection. It's like a flesh-eating virus and not even a 9.8 Curator is immune to its devastating effects.

Sorry, momentary insanity there. I meant to write "Great book, Jason!"

:censored:

That 8.5 Twin Cities #5 is sitting right next to my Mass Ped 9.4 #2 on my shelf! :o

I've been slacking bigtime and not scanning books as theyve come in so i haven updated this in forever! I think theres probably a few im forgetting since the last update but these are my most recent acquisitions :cloud9:

I've recent ly kicked my OCD into high gear and started buying multiple Pedigree copies of the same issue # :facepalm:

av30Winn.jpg

av30RM.jpg

av31PC.jpg

av120WP.jpg

av136SN.jpg

avann2PC.jpg

avann2PC.jpg

I do love this one. :cloud9:

Thanks! One of my all time favorite covers and a book that was becoming IMPOSSIBLE to find in a pedigree! Luckily for me, Brian (foolkiller) was down here last week and we met up to talk comics and have him look at some books of mine. He told me he had this with him and i was like "SOLD!!!!" sight unseen! lol

I would have done the same. Just another classic Buscema avengers cover that he probably drew in about 5 minutes. His art is missed.

Yeah, VERY underrated imo! You never hear anyone talk about it when they talk about great SA covers but anytime anyone sees it, they always say what a great cover it is (worship)

Somehow, the Twin Cities copy snuck past me last year and i never saw it for sale ??? Other than that copy, i wasnt aware of any other Pedigree Annual 2's out there except for the PC copy on GPA. I was planning on meeting up with Brian anyways so when he told me he was bringing the PC Annual 2 for me, i definitely did the happy dance!

probably would have been smart for me to ask him a price for it though before i just blurted out i would definitely buy it :eek:

lol