• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in Sufunk's Pedigree Avengers collection

578 posts in this topic

Its been a ROUGH 10 days in the sufunk house!

1st, my little buddy i loved more than i could ever say died unexpectedly in my arms driving him to the vet, Freaking CRUSHED me to go thru that!

RIP Pippin, you were the best little boy EVER!!!

pippin_zpse3e73707.jpg

So, to help us get over it(especially my kids) we went out and bought this new Pom puppy. Had her for 1 damn day and she started getting sick so we had to have her hospitalized with Parvo. Tonight, i had to go to the vet and hold her while they put her to sleep. Seeing her so sick and watching her be put to sleep was sad beyond words! One dang day we had with her and even still, i freaking loved that little girl so much. I'm literally still in shock that we had to euthanize her :cry:

My daughter was SOOOOOOOOO happy that one day having her!

RIP Merry, my little angel! I love you so much! I'm so sorry we couldnt save you! :sorry:

merry1_zps90de9804.jpg

This was her yesterday when i visited her at the Vets. She was all disheveled because she had just thrown up everywhere and they bathed her real quick knowing i was coming.

merry2_zpse0212c21.jpg

My daughter finally just fell asleep after crying HYSTERICALLY for the last 2 hours how unfair it is and how bad she wants the puppy to come back :(

I'm just freaking numb. For about the 1st time in my life im at a complete loss for words over all this :cry:

I couldn't imagine losing my Pom,and for your family to lose 2.I'm so sorry dude! :sorry:

Thanks!

As a fellow Pom lover, I know you can relate to how much those little puffballs mean to us. I know you posted yours is 12 now and I really, really, REALLY hope you have a LOT of years left with him/her oak! :wishluck:

Give that little guy a BIG huge hug and cherish the time you have left with it! :cloud9:

I've been pretty lucky in life. 3 of my 4 grandparents were deceased when I was born and the 4th died when I was like 5 so I barely even remember that. Other than that, I've never really had anyone close to me die. A couple aunts and uncles that I saw once every 5 years but no one close to me so I don't have a lot of experience with dealing with deaths. Going thru this the last week and a half has just devastated me! I don't know how anyone could ever deal with losing a child or parent. Based on how incredibly poorly I'm taking the death of these two dogs, I can't imagine what it's going to be like when unfortunately the day comes and I lose a close family member! :cry:

Sorry to hear this news Jason. Regardless of our differences of opinion on things....I couldn't imagine having to deal with that and also have your kids be so upset as well.

Best wishes.

I am so sorry to hear this. I couldn't imagine. My wife and I have a black Pom named Grizzly; I couldn't imagine anything happening to him.

That's awful, my friend.

I love the bear reference.My Pom is named Kodiac. :applause:

Ok, well this kind of annoying :mad:

I bought that 44 book lot of Savannah Avengers on HA a couple weeks ago. The books arrive and I open the package. Inside the 1st 3 books are bagged and boarded but the next 41 are lumped into like 8 bags. Each of them have 5-6 books crammed into them. As a result, there are probably 15 books or more with a pretty wicked spine roll from being bagged with so many books.

Granted, these aren't über high grade books but still, they're lower grade now than when they packed them. I'm paying a 20% BP and they can't bag and board each freaking book to keep them from being damaged??? meh

That does suck. I bought a 20 book Copper Twin Cities ASM lot from HA about a year and a half ago and they were individually bagged and boarded. It's bush league to sell a bulk lot of decent material and not rise to that minimum level of protection.

Yeah, I'm definitely annoyed!

It was a vf/nm lot so I didn't exactly have high hopes when I bought them but was hoping for at least a few slab worthy copies. They aren't exactly valuable books so slabbing them already barely makes sense if at all. Now, I'm gonna have to add pressing fees to that cus they cheaped out on some bags and boards. It's not like I paid $10 for this. The BP was like $65 so bags and boards doesnt seem like to much to ask for vf/nm Pedigree books meh

Those issues are probably tough to find in Peds. That does stink with the bags and boards. That's about $5 worth of bags and boards for 44 books. Incredible.

I have a bunch of beat-up bronze readers that aren't bagged right now but I will probably bag and board them when I sell them. It's just courtesy. I would oomplain to Heritage. It's not like the lot was low- or mid-grade books.

They're cheap but VERY hard to find. VERY hard!

Once every 4 months or so I find one random one on eBay or in An auction. The 1st hundred issues I could buy Ped copies tomorrow practically if I had the $$$. Issues 100-200 just don't come up sale very often at all :sorry: