• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This week in Sufunk's Pedigree Avengers collection

578 posts in this topic

Divorce? :o C'mon you guys look so happy in your pics,hope you guys try to work things out.My wife and I were having problems,and we are going to marriage counseling.So far so good. :wishluck:

Thanks!

We tried counseling for like 3 months but stopped like a month ago. It was pointless. There's a fundamental difference we have and neither of us are going to budge or compromise. That's what this whole fight now about the comics is about. She knows I am done and am going to end it. She thinks she can string it along long enough to change my mind and make me compromise or give in. It's a life changing game if chicken at the moment to see who blinks 1st but I NEVER lose a game of chicken!

I'm not sure it even matters at this point. So much messed up things have happened, I'm not sure we could get back to where we need to be even if one of us gave in. It sucks but what are you gonna do? mess happens.

It wouldn't be quite so bad but I have an 11 and 8 year old that are NOT taking it well. NOT AT ALL, That makes it REALLY hard! :sorry:

Compromise is very important in a relationship though. (shrug)

Humorous side note. Well, humorous for you guys not so much for me. I just spent the last 30 minutes talking about my slabs and like 15 minutes specifically about my Pedigree Avengers run with our lawyers. There's a pretty good chance of divorce going on in sufunk land and we had agreed she gets the house in exchange for not even thinking about touching my comics. Apparently that deal is going out the window and there's gonna be a fight :facepalm:

I can tell you this, I'll fight like a rabid dog for any of my slabs but my Pedigree Avengers run??. They'll have to pry those :censored: slabs from my cold dead hands! :sumo:

She's going after your comics?! What a :censored:

That sucks man! I'm sorry. Damn lawyers! ;) does your wife/lawyer have an accurate accounting of your collection... :gossip: hide those suckers! :baiting:

Do you have a friend that you trust?

Sell all your books to your friend for a dollar,get a receipt.Then when the divorce is over have your friend sell them back to you for a dollar.Have your friend store them in the interim,legally you sold the books.Your wife can get .50 cents out of that dollar if she wants.It's all legal too,ask the attorney's on the boards. (thumbs u

Lets just say my Registry hasn't been updated in a while, despite popular inion I don't post EVERY book I buy so whos to say what books I may or may not have somewhere or other (shrug)

:devil:

And yeah Oak, compromise is VERY important in a marriage. I'm willing to REASONABLY compromise on the subject, she isn't. It's the way she wants it so deal with it. that ain't happening! Between the kids, just the overall suckiness of the situation and the fact we've been together off and on since 1988, she thinks she can have her cake and eat it to and ill give in. NOT HAPPENING, it's not worth being married to her anymore, NOT EVEN CLOSE,, if she isn't willing to give in or at least compromise. This has been going on since the beginning of may with no end in sight and I'm RAPIDLY approaching a point of no return. We'll see what happens I guess hm

My friend is currently going through a divorce and the court forbade him from selling anything he owns, until the division of property is decided by the court and is final..

But his case is already filed. So, that may not be your case, and he is in Ohio.

The final outcome is that the judge has the authority to consider his retirement income as property, or as income. She has decided that his pension is property and therefore his soon to be ex-wife gets exactly half.

Forever.

The court also forbade him from dropping his life insurance on himself, or changing the beneficiary (it is her). The court has also decided that he is to maintain said insurance policy until he dies. With her as the beneficiary!

I think that is a crock of "spoon". But what ya gonna do?

My friend is currently going through a divorce and the court forbade him from selling anything he owns, until the division of property is decided by the court and is final..

But his case is already filed. So, that may not be your case, and he is in Ohio.

The final outcome is that the judge has the authority to consider his retirement income as property, or as income. She has decided that his pension is property and therefore his soon to be ex-wife gets exactly half.

Forever.

The court also forbade him from dropping his life insurance on himself, or changing the beneficiary (it is her). The court has also decided that he is to maintain said insurance policy until he dies. With her as the beneficiary!

Nobody has filed any paperwork with us yet. Well, its early today so i still might get served sometime today lol

Soooo, basically, i can do whatever the hell i want right now. The house is a BIG bargaining chip. She doesnt want to leave it, i really dont give a . I'm willing to let her have it but only if my comics are left 100% alone. Again though, i dont think she even really wants any of the comics. I'm 99% sure this is just her little ploy to make things hard stretch it to November when race season is over and i'll relent meh

Good freaking luck with that plan toots! (tsk)

Forever.

That is so wrong, after people split up a beneficiary is decided by the person in question, not some lawyer. I wouldn't put up with that .

Do you have a friend that you trust?

Sell all your books to your friend for a dollar,get a receipt.Then when the divorce is over have your friend sell them back to you for a dollar.Have your friend store them in the interim,legally you sold the books.Your wife can get .50 cents out of that dollar if she wants.It's all legal too,ask the attorney's on the boards. (thumbs u

Don't think this will work. Those type of transactions to dispose of assets can be looked at by the court, going back significant periods of time (I am trained in Australian law so this might not hold for the US).

I have heard that some people disguise their net worth by making intentionally bad investment decisions, where the money is disposed to a friend, but you need to disguise the transaction so it looks genuine. If you simply sell your collection at a fraction of market it will be obvious what you are doing. This might also be illegal.

another method is to have a friend sue you, not contest the case and have judgement awarded against you. Then have that friend secure the judgment debt over your property. As a creditor I think your friend ranks above your ex-partner.

Again both of these options are not very ethical/legal and i wouldn't suggest them. It is hard, but an equal divsion of assets in a divorce is the fair thing to do. Though it would be a bitter pill to swallow.

Well, despite the Clink snafus last night, looks like the #100 is mine!

This has been a GREAT month! To get the 23,28 and now 100 is freaking awesome! I've been FUMING over not having a 100 for over a year. It's a big hole sitting in my run and I wanted Schmells 9.8 in the HA auction last year BAD! I should have gotten it cheap, well under 1k but someone kept bidding me up. I finally bowed out WAY over my max and it sold for over $1300!!!

Of course, it then immediately shows up on a dealers site for $1400 :censored:

There was no freaking way I was paying that since I was apparently the only person on the planet other than this dealer willing to pay over $900! It's been driving my OCD crazy ever since so to get a nice old label, perfectly registered copy for WAY under GPA, obviously I'm REALLY happy!! :whee:

Now it I could just find a 107,117,125 and 132, I'd have 90-139 complete!