• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK, so like, 24 hours later you're all gonna pretend this doesn't exist???

39 posts in this topic

yeah but there are boat loads of HULK 181 in CGC 9.6, this is the highest graded copy. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But you guys are also comparing the first appearance of Wolverine to the first appearance of...

Man-Bat makepoint.gif

C'Mon!

Don't get me wrong. It's a fantastic book and tough in high grade.

But it's the first appearance of...

Man-Bat makepoint.gif

Yes, but at $4500, the multiple on the Hulk #181 is shy of 4xguide. It's 36xguide for the Detective. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

True, but this is the one and only 9.6, no? At that rate the supply is 1/1 vs. 1/60??? (too damn lazy to look up how many 9.6s are out there . . . )

yeah but there are boat loads of HULK 181 in CGC 9.6, this is the highest graded copy. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But you guys are also comparing the first appearance of Wolverine to the first appearance of...

Man-Bat makepoint.gif

C'Mon!

Don't get me wrong. It's a fantastic book and tough in high grade.

But it's the first appearance of...

Man-Bat makepoint.gif

Man Bat is realtively big in the Batman lore - plus it's Neal Adams who seems to be even ahead of Bob Kane in the whole pecking order of Batman artists . . .

Unreal . . . let the punishemnt bidding begin on Serpi - I imagine that a book like that his top bid is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $4,500 (which if you think about it is what the Hulk 181 cgc 9.6 goes for and this is the one and only best) . . .

DAM

Serpi isn't that stupid to bid that high. I know what Rip had to give up to get the other 9.6 WP recently and it's way lower than your prediction. Also, it's too early for Serpi to got that crazy. He normally makes a proxy but if someone threatens it, he'll bid big if he wants it. The best way to win a book against him is to snipe it without any punishment bidding. That just gets his guard up! crazy.gif

I doubt it will get to $4500. That would necessitate there being another bidder at $4400, and I'll be surprised if the book is worth that much to anyone but Serpi. I'm guessing between 2k and 3k.

Unreal . . . let the punishemnt bidding begin on Serpi - I imagine that a book like that his top bid is probably somewhere in the neighborhood of $4,500 (which if you think about it is what the Hulk 181 cgc 9.6 goes for and this is the one and only best) . . .

DAM

Strongly doubt that the book will reach the $4,500 level. You have to remember who the seller is since Jason unfortunately has a reputation for applying the CPR treatment to revive some of his books. Don't know if this is the case here, but I think it helps to put a damper on some of the bidding on his books.

I thought he also had a high-grade Batman #232 or #234 last month which some people was speculating would also go for over $4,000. If I remember right, it went for nowhere near that price.

Also notice that Jason played up all of the good features of the book without guaranteeing that there was no CPR applied to the book. With the current controversy surrounding this topic with hot high grade books and certain dealers (like Jason), he should have putten a disclaimer or guarantee if he really wanted to get maximum bids.

Gee, I wonder why he didn't? I would certainly endeavour to get some type of guarantee from Jason before bidding on this book.

Also notice that Jason played up all of the good features of the book without guaranteeing that there was no CPR applied to the book. With the current controversy surrounding this topic with hot high grade books and certain dealers (like Jason), he should have putten a disclaimer or guarantee if he really wanted to get maximum bids.

Gee, I wonder why he didn't? I would certainly endeavour to get some type of guarantee from Jason before bidding on this book.

HUH?

Just because people on this board speculate that some of his books might be pressed, doesn't mean he should change his selling habits.

And second, HOW COULD ANYONE GUARANTEE a book hasn't been PRESSED, unless they were the original owner!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what collection Jason got them from. But he seemed surprized that I had gotten the other one so quickly from 007
Oh...you mean that Jason sold the other copy to Charles. I thought you meant that the books came from the same collection! cool.gif