• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 5.0 - Beautiful, BiG PRiCe DRoP (bigger!)

30 posts in this topic

Dear friends on the Board (sounds very formal, doesn't it - I think it rolls off the tongue very nicely),

Presented here for your purchasing consideration (and hopefully purchasing pleasure) is a rather attractive copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 5.0.

The asking price is $11,250. $10,750 :golfclap: $9,900 :golfclap:

About the book:

First, I'd like to start by saying that I'm of the opinion that very solid, middle grade AF 15's are among the most sought after books in the hobby. That's because, again IMO, they are far more accessible in price and still have very strong eye appeal.

And, speaking of eye appeal, this copy doesn't disappoint: You're looking at a bright and attractive CGC 5.0 with supple Off-White page preservation and deep, rich cover colors.

Really, if not for the Marvel chipping down the right edge, this book would easy grade between 7.0-8.0. I think it looks comparable (with regard to eye appeal) to the AF 15 8.0 that just sold on Heritage for $83,650. So save yourself $72,400 and get a 5.0 that I think will be a very sharp addition to, if not the prize of, any collection. And think of what you can do with that $72,400 you saved...

About the price:

Overstreet says $11,000, and I'm aware that AF 15 5.0's are selling at between $11K-$12K. I hope you'll agree that $11,250 is FMV. $10,750 is below FMV.

Just a good deal now!

First :takeit: gets it, or feel free to PM me instead.

Payment is via money order, cashier's check, or personal check. If you realllly want to use Paypal, PM me and we'll figure it out together. I am rather new to the boards, but have completed one 4 figure transaction, so I can offer up at least one solid, board-tested reference...

Okay, enough words. The photo's below.

AF15photo.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

I'd be more inspired if I could see the back cover... :baiting:

Got it. Back cover scan is needed.

The book is currently in a custom frame, and so the back cover is out of view.

I'll take it down, dismantle the frame, scan the back cover, and then put the book in a safe location until it sells. That may take me a few days as coming back from Labor Day I've got a full week at work. But, rest assured, it's coming.

In the meantime, let me share my description of the back cover, scan-coming-soon: I wish the back cover were the front cover! Because the back cover has all the color and vibrancy of the front, without the marvel chipping. It's been a while since I've seen it, but I have the distinct memory of saying, "I wish the back had been the front, because then this really would be a 7.0-8.0."

You'll see for yourself soon enough.

In the meantime, if anyone wants to purchase the book and the back cover is the only concern, I'm happy to make the sale pending approval of the back cover by the buyer...