• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my Dr. Strange #1 please

12 posts in this topic

Just picked this up and wanted to know what you think of it... I don't know how to make the scans show up smaller - sorry. By the way, I noticed that the back cover looks more grey in the scan than it really is. I'll post a shot of it in another post.

Page quality is off-white to white, too. Thanks.

doc_strange_front.jpg

Great QP. I want a copy of this book with QP this nice.

8.0 if you rub some Wonder Bread on the back cover. blush.gif

Looks like it would easily clean up.

About a 7.0-7.5 is my best guess. Could easily be pressed to a 7.5 to 8.0 though.

What's the deal with "pressing" a book? I've heard this mentioned a couple of times but don't know what it means... Any clue would be appreciated.

By the way, the back cover is actually pretty white. The scanner seems to have "greyed" it out.

Thanks for you thoughts by the way.

it's just a book presser that can apply 200 lbs of pressure on the book to make it flat, there's other ways of pressing a book like have weights on it and etc. many threads here have speculation of GA, SA, BA, and some moderns that were pressed to get a higher grade. 893whatthe.gif more 411 can be given at the CGC forum dinner on Saturday night.