• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transplant takes another one in the shorts - What happened?

367 posts in this topic

I completely disagree with that. He was suspended from the Boards in the manner that the Mods have proscribed. Posting Journal entries that wind up on the Boards is not prevented so why should he be punished for availing himself of the opportunity to do just that. That is an ex post facto punishment and is fundamentally wrong, even for an Archocracy.

I completely disagree with that. He was suspended from the Boards in the manner that the Mods have proscribed. Posting Journal entries that wind up on the Boards is not prevented so why should he be punished for availing himself of the opportunity to do just that. That is an ex post facto punishment and is fundamentally wrong, even for an Archocracy.

I missed his journal entry before it got wacked. What did it say? Was he "grabbing the tiger by the tail"?

He just caught a beatdown in the Journals Section as well and all of those posts are gone.

He should take the energy from his mad writing skillz and put it towards his poker game.

Maybe then he could get some people to sponsor him... hm

It's going to take more than a week off to reach that level. I'll send a request to Arch to bump it to a month.

I was kidding Andy, why did you have to go and petition Arch to extend it to three weeks now ? :cry:

I think Arch lets a lot of things slide, so if the punishment is this severe, its probably for a good reason.

My understanding is that you will often get courtesy PMs to let you know when you are in danger of hanging yourself....if you decide to ignore those PMs and continue on with what you were doing, there will be consequences. Considering Mike's repeated run-ins with Wally, I wouldn't be surprised that the punishment continues to escalate for each successive instance.

I missed his journal entry before it got wacked. What did it say? Was he "grabbing the tiger by the tail"?

He was pleading his case.

I think Arch lets a lot of things slide, so if the punishment is this severe, its probably for a good reason.

My understanding is that you will often get courtesy PMs to let you know when you are in danger of hanging yourself....if you decide to ignore those PMs and continue on with what you were doing, there will be consequences. Considering Mike's repeated run-ins with Wally, I wouldn't be surprised that the punishment continues to escalate for each successive instance.

This is a good point, but still, the ex post facto thing is so super harsh. The bottom line is that MS won't put Nerf on Ignore. If I hadn't done it, I would probably already be banned.

This is a good point, but still, the ex post facto thing is so super harsh. The bottom line is that MS won't put Nerf on Ignore. If I hadn't done it, I would probably already be banned.

From what I can gather, it's becoming personal with Mike. He really should just ignore him. I guess I'm a little more forgiving (or forgetful, take your pick) and can get along with Nerf in close quarters. I can just leave matters to sort themselves out sometimes.

Mike's a friend but I've almost begged him to leave the guy alone a few times knowing that the mods are going to have enough of it. He simply refuses to.

:eek:

That doesn't change the fact that this time around, Mike may have done nothing wrong but with the history here sometimes the baby will get thrown out with the bath water if there are too many babies that need bathing.

As I said in the now pulled threads, mods should not interact with the people they moderate as it damages their objectvity. Not saying this is the case here, but it's an important point.

Also, circumventing the ban via the Journals, will novel and clever, was not likely to last the night.

sometimes the baby will get thrown out with the bath water if there are too many babies that need bathing.

hm

That may be the most brilliant thing you've ever said.

And yes, I hesitated posting this. Your ego doesn't need more strokes.

Still...credit's due and all that...

He just caught a beatdown in the Journals Section as well and all of those posts are gone.

He should take the energy from his mad writing skillz and put it towards his poker game.

It's going to take more than a week off to reach that level. I'll send a request to Arch to bump it to a month.

I was kidding Andy, why did you have to go and petition Arch to extend it to three weeks now ? :cry:

It was crazy, Arch picked up on the first ring, I laid out the scenario(you know, the one where Mike becomes a better poker player because he has the extra time), and before I could say "just kidding!" *BAMF*, three extra weeks!

Who knew it would get Fast Tracked like that? :eek:

You would not last long in the world of NASCAR.

It's thier series, thier rules, thier made up on the spot opinion.

I have first hand knowledge of that.

As I said in the now pulled threads, mods should not interact with the people they moderate as it damages their objectvity. Not saying this is the case here, but it's an important point.

Also, circumventing the ban via the Journals, will novel and clever, was not likely to last the night.

Is it really circumventing the system if it is, in fact, the system set up by the same folks handing out the punishment?

Sounds like a design flaw more than a character flaw.

From what I can gather, it's becoming personal with Mike. He really should just ignore him. I guess I'm a little more forgiving (or forgetful, take your pick) and can get along with Nerf in close quarters. I can just leave matters to sort themselves out sometimes.

Mike's a friend but I've almost begged him to leave the guy alone a few times knowing that the mods are going to have enough of it. He simply refuses to.

:eek:

That doesn't change the fact that this time around, Mike may have done nothing wrong but with the history here sometimes the baby will get thrown out with the bath water if there are too many babies that need bathing.

Here is my beef:

There is no evidence that what Mike did was strike worthy.

There is no evidence that he got any type of warning.

There is no evidence that he was told to stop using the Journal before he was whacked for that.

All this over Nerfherder makes Baby Buddha throw up his organic soy formula.

It was crazy, Arch picked up on the first ring, I laid out the scenario(you know, the one where Mike becomes a better poker player because he has the extra time), and before I could say "just kidding!" *BAMF*, three extra weeks!

I wish CGC was that fast. :whistle:

Did you even pay the extra $8...?

He was pleading his case.

Maybe if his case pleading included a few less insults it might have worked. hm