• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this make sense to anyone else? Comic Shop To Boycott Action Comics

140 posts in this topic

He's basically right though. Superman is supposed to be the good boy scout. People were outraged when he had a child of out wedlock in the last movie and the same people would be outraged at what he said in this panel.

Based on what I know about Supes, it's uncharacteristic of him to speak like that isn't it?

Personally, I'm not so offended that he used the term "GD" but I can see why people would be upset.

They're stretching the boundaries of what made him Superman for so many decades just to find some new ground to flesh him out in a new light.

Hey, fifty years ago, the masses would have been on the comic book store owners side and people would have been looking to the ACLU and other agencies to defend the poor downtrodden writer/artist to defend their rights to free speech.

Where are the parallels for the owner's free speech rights today, in at least the court of public opinion?

Currently, we suffer from a surfeit of worlds, not the least of which is the comic book continuities.

Its blasphemy?

Oh now I get it! (thumbs u

He's a religious fruit cake!

All hail jeebus!

thou shall not use the Lords name in vain...

Or something like that.

Am I allowed to be offended by this?

I forget.

I know I'm not supposed to make fun of Jews, Gays and Blacks...

Hey, fifty years ago, the masses would have been on the comic book store owners side and people would have been looking to the ACLU and other agencies to defend the poor downtrodden writer/artist to defend their rights to free speech.

Where are the parallels for the owner's free speech rights today, in at least the court of public opinion?

Currently, we suffer from a surfeit of worlds, not the least of which is the comic book continuities.

A surfeit of worlds? Gimme a break. Why don't you go ahead & use the word gauche in your post.

Ooooooo SAT words.

J-Hole F-Face.

A surfeit of worlds? Gimme a break. Why don't you go ahead & use the word gauche in your post.

Ooooooo SAT words.

J-Hole F-Face.

SATs

Its blasphemy?

All hail jeebus!

Or something like that.

I forget.

I do not wish to offend anyone.

I was just making light of the store owner.

Not very religious down these neck of the woods!

Its blasphemy?

All hail jeebus!

Or something like that.

I forget.

hm

Ooooooo SAT words.

J-Hole F-Face.

Shut it, closet follower. :baiting:

Ooooooo SAT words.

J-Hole F-Face.

I will launch such recriminations upon thee that the Journal Holes shall splode from surfeit.

Just as soon as I make 'em up.

Ooooooo SAT words.

J-Hole F-Face.

I will launch such recriminations upon thee that the Journal Holes shall splode from surfeit.

You're allowed to make fun of me. I believe a first century carpenter had magical powers.

Ooooooo SAT words.

J-Hole F-Face.

You're allowed to make fun of me. I believe a first century carpenter had magical powers.

Stranger things have happened on this forum xD

Its blasphemy?

All hail jeebus!

Or something like that.

I forget.

hm

C'mon man, equivocate, equivocate. ;)

I agree with Roy here. While not offended personally, it is out of character for Supes. Personally, I didn't care for Grant Morrison's new ideas in All Star Superman. I hated what he did with the key.

He's basically right though. Superman is supposed to be the good boy scout. People were outraged when he had a child of out wedlock in the last movie and the same people would be outraged at what he said in this panel.

Based on what I know about Supes, it's uncharacteristic of him to speak like that isn't it?

Personally, I'm not so offended that he used the term "GD" but I can see why people would be upset.

They're stretching the boundaries of what made him Superman for so many decades just to find some new ground to flesh him out in a new light.