• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTS= Auquaman #1 (FEB) (1st series) 2 available

9 posts in this topic

I remember, years ago, getting one of Mark Wilson's World's Finest catalogs in the mail. He had a NM Aquaman #1 for $200, and I thought "nah...that's just too much money for that book..." foreheadslap.gif

I remember, years ago, getting one of Mark Wilson's World's Finest catalogs in the mail. He had a NM Aquaman #1 for $200, and I thought "nah...that's just too much money for that book..." foreheadslap.gif

I bought mine from Howard Rogofsky in 1974 NM for $20.00.....of course I was 12 at the time and it's not NM anymore.....

I definitely think the pricing part takes away from the whole "romantic" notion of collecting as an art or a love. I am merely going by the Overstreet guide prices. Apparantly most people pay OVER guide for some of the high quaility books I'll be scrambling to be rid of over next 2 days...What would you do if you were me? I read that 2003 guide from front to back over, and over. Countless intervies and inquiries were made. Numerous other grading/appraisal books. I'm telling you, I studied! I studied mainly so private collectors would take me seriously and I didn.t make a mockery of comic collecting. The community seems to be split on grading and pricing. OSsupports the 10 pt guiding brought to us by.....Well, well...Not quite "independant" huh? I tell you what. If you are or anyone else a PRIVATE/SINGLE collector or part of a family collecting I will be happy to work with you. I own many doubles and I am a sucker for the little guy. Let me know 5 titles of comics you alweays wanted and I will see what I have. No 15AS, No x-men1,94No Superman above 30. I need $$$$$$$$ so I hope you undersstand if I hold out for the most $ possible on those. I'll be in city tonightif anyone has cash in hand. P.s. no restored books, sorry. I could use a little help negotiating with a few of the big boys, I'd be happy to compensate for any guidance received. sign-offtopic.gifsorry for the RANT