• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Goldie's Dining Room

258 posts in this topic

Yo Goldie...

I was listening to NPR a few weeks back during the riots and they interviewed some Brit (forget which neighborhood)...and he said he was a tad nervous but not to worry he was keeping his truncheon (passed down from his grandfather) at his bedside...

Just curious, do you sleep with a truncheon nearby as well? :insane:

Yo Goldie...

I was listening to NPR a few weeks back during the riots and they interviewed some Brit (forget which neighborhood)...and he said he was a tad nervous but not to worry he was keeping his truncheon (passed down from his grandfather) at his bedside...

Gentlemen, this is the sort of question I can sink my teeth into. And I don't mean the truncheon either, so let's not go there.

We English have a steady and adequate supply of vim, vigour, intestinal fortitude and downright good old-fashioned knickers-aloft stiff-upper lipped rectitude. Certainly enough to see off any guttersnipes who wish to make off with one's handkerchief.

Yo Goldie...

:fear:

Actually, in seriousness, I've still got my granddads truncheon and I pity the er that gets hit with it, it is one hard piece of wood.

OK, that still didn't sound good. :eek::sorry:

Just learnt that Westminster Council is going to abolish free parking on Sundays and evenings in central London. Evil swine.

No free parking up north in God's country so why should you southern softies get more money in your pocket :baiting:

They'll be charging £4.40 an hour. Almost as much as greggy.

Greggy or Greggs?

I knew that joke would backfire. :tonofbricks:

:acclaim:

Yo Goldie...

:fear:

Actually, in seriousness, I've still got my granddads truncheon and I pity the er that gets hit with it, it is one hard piece of wood.

OK, that still didn't sound good. :eek::sorry:

Nope, it was perfect for this thread.