• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess The Grade Contest. Anyone Can Play!

18 posts in this topic

hi.gif All.

Dont know if I should post this contest here or in another forum. Anyone can play, so if you havnt registered yet and want to play and win, now is your chance.

Since I am in a good mood, simple contest. Guess the numerical grade goes like this. I will post a pic of a already slabbed comic. If you can guess (only one guess per comic) the grade, its worth 10 POINTS. If you are within +/- .2 of the grade its worth 7 POINTS. +/- .4 of the grade its worth 5 POINTS. +/- .5 grade its worth 3 POINTS. Follow so far frown.gif.

Okay, first one to reach 100 Points, will get 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Amazing Spider-Man #119, and a 10x12 original art of Howard The Duck by Val Mayerik. Shipped free of course.

When the contest ends, the second highest with points will receive a 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Tomb Of Dracula #10 ( mid-grade) and a CGC (cracked back slab)of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #2 at a 9.0.

The person in 3rd place, I will donate a box of reader comics to Comix4Kids in your name.

I will post as many rounds as needed till there is a winner.

confused-smiley-013.gifThumbs UP or DOWN on my contest and where to post. hi.gif

NO PROS ALLOWED!! 893naughty-thumb.gifgrin.gif

Who's a pro??? confused-smiley-013.gif

sumo.gif

Is this going to be under this thread or in the Grading Forum (that's what I would suggest).

And how long before the answer is given for each book? A day, a few days, etc.

And are you keeping track of the points?

Sounds fun!!!! thumbsup2.gif

Dont know if I should post this contest here or in another forum. Anyone can play, so if you havnt registered yet and want to play and win, now is your chance.

...and how to register?? confused-smiley-013.gif

yeah....i want my ASM #119 w/HTD art, darn it!! sumo.gif

Everyone, no matter who can play. And by registered I mean all the Anonymous Users that check out the forum who havnt registered yet. NEWBIES for short.

Is this going to be under this thread or in the Grading Forum (that's what I would suggest).

And how long before the answer is given for each book? A day, a few days, etc.

And are you keeping track of the points?

Sounds fun!!!! thumbsup2.gif

To your first question, let the majority decide. It doesnt matter to me.

I will keep track and every Monday I will post the standings, for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and their score.

Each round will end as soon as the next round is posted, and at that time I will post the grade for the previous round.

Just put the dang images up and let's get goin'!!!!!! 893frustrated.gif

Yes Sir, Round 1 will begin in T-30minutes. gossip.gif