• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you mix and match in sets?

3 posts in this topic

This is probably a dumb question, as after cruising the sets on the registry for a half an hour turned up no examples - but I figured I'd ask anyways.

I don't collect runs any longer, mostly key books - and my be-all end-all list that I am trying to complete is my self-titled 'Cosmic Books': Galactus trilogy, Silver Surfer 1, FF 66, Thor 165, Iron Man 55, etc, etc (covering all the cosmic characters, major crossovers)

Does the registry allow for "custom" sets, or would that make things so convoluted (creating an obscure list of comics just to rank #1 in that set) that they just stick to established entire runs of comics?

And in creating a unique set like 'Cosmic Books' does that leave it open to interpretation by people saying *this* book belongs in there, but not *that* one?

I've probably answered my own question, but I figured I would ask.