• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you humor the new guy with a scanned GL #76?

20 posts in this topic

I will have to change my grade now that I am not on the laptop, I would guess guess a solid 7.0 With my original grade being a 8.0/8.5 book. It is still a nice book. But I will try not to grade a book using my laptop. The much nicer and bigger 25" monitor really brings the details out very nicely.

is there a CB crease on the bottom right corner of the front cover?

Yes you caught it. Not easy to see in person either if you're not looking at the right angle. So possible grades ranging from 6.5 to 8.5. This is why I hate to give a grade to something I'm selling. I have a CGC 8.5 GL76 and this is definitely not in that class. The top edge of the cover, and spine I would think take it below 8. I think a single small crease like that shouldn't push it below a 7, right?

6.5. maybe a 7.0 at best.

I dunno, I've seen this issue for sale here (graded at 8.0 by allegedly reputable sellers) that didn't look this nice . . . ;)

hm

I'm in the 6.5/7.0 crowd

This is a 7.5 book all day long.

6.5. maybe a 7.0 at best.

I dunno, I've seen this issue for sale here (graded at 8.0 by allegedly reputable sellers) that didn't look this nice . . . ;)

hm

I'm in the 6.5/7.0 crowd

Me too, but my point was, you won't see it listed for sale here as that. ;)

So I should lower the resolution ;)

Actually I have gotten comments from people I've sold to who I gave high res scans to before they bought, and often when the book arrives they comment it looks better than the scans. I get robbed on ebay often because I put high quality books at no reserve and I see the same book clearly at a lower grade that is advertised as 8-9 when it is a 4-5 and it sells for more than my conservative 6.5, so maybe I should start posting books here where people actually know how to grade a book.