• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catman 1-33 + crash 4 and 5

55 posts in this topic

ok all, going to give one shot at selling entire run as a run...I realize that it is HIGHLY unlikely anyone will step upto the plate, but what an opportunity!

individually these issues add up to 34,200 (basically my cost)...22 is potentially not part of the deal, as I need to check to the first right of refusal first, to see if it can be included...so, for now, 22 is "not" included, but I will throw in crash 4 and 5 at no cost!

I will consider offers until monday only, for the entire run...at that point, I will break up (some I will sell, some I want to keep)... BUT do NOT pm me want list, please...I already owe a few folks some books, and just can't logistically try to keep up....

so assuming the run doesnt sell as a run, I will cross the individual bridge when I get there

I will pay for shipping, and all forms of payments accepted and even time payments considered

catmanworldsfinest009.jpg

1...cgc 4.0 cr/ow

2...cgc 6.0 cr/ow

3...cgc 4.0 cr/ow

4...cgc 6.0 cr/ow

5...cgc 4.5 cr/ow

6...4.0 cr/ow

7....cgc 6.5 ow/w

8....cgc 4.0 ow/w

9...cgc 7.5 cr.ow Rockford

10...cgc 8.0 ow Mile High

11...cgc 3.5 ow

12...cgc 5.0 cr/ow

13...cgc 2.5 cr/ow

14...cgc 2.5 cr/ow

15...cgc 5.0 cr/ow

16...cgc 3.0 cr/ow

17...cgc 5.0 ow

18...cgc 3.0 cr/ow

19...cgc 5.0 w

20...cgc 4/5 MA ow

21...cgc 5.5 ow/w

22...promised to fuelman, since he sold it to me under that arrangement

23...cgc 4.0 ow/w

24...cgc 1.5 ow/w

25...cgc 4.0 cr/ow

26...cgc 4.5 w

27...cgc 5.0 cr/ow

28...cgc 6.0 cr/ow, or a cgc 6.5 ow/w or a raw 1.5 (Only one of the 3 included, buyers choice)

29...cgc 6.5 cr/ow

30...cgc 4.5 cr/ow

31...cgc 5.5 sb (looks 8.0 but pq)

32...cgc 3.5 lt/ow, or cgc 6.5 ow/w or cgc 6.0 ow (Only one of the 3 included, buyers choice)

3/2..cgc 8.5 w

JEEZ....

You may have answered these before, but if you wouldn't mind taking a minute....

1) How long did it take you to put this together ?

2) What was the last couple of issues that you had a hard time finding (I'm sure the majority of them were pretty hard to track down) ?

3) Any crazy-funny-ironic stories about putting the run together (off the top of your head....I know, weird question.)

Good luck with the sale !!

I'd rather piece them together myself over the next fifty years.

(thumbs u

JEEZ....

You may have answered these before, but if you wouldn't mind taking a minute....

1) How long did it take you to put this together ?

2) What was the last couple of issues that you had a hard time finding (I'm sure the majority of them were pretty hard to track down) ?

3) Any crazy-funny-ironic stories about putting the run together (off the top of your head....I know, weird question.)

Good luck with the sale !!

I'd rather piece them together myself over the next fifty years.

(thumbs u

1...about 9 months...started at chicago comic con 2009, finished by chicago reed show 2010

2...22 and 3 were the last 2 issues I needed... traditionally, 3,13,15, 16,20 and 28 are the "toughest"...though 28 is really more of an issue of more demand relative to supply

3...I first saw catman 28 in chicago in 2009, and "had to have the LBCole" issues...they were all relatively "easy" to get... after doing some research, decided I would go after 13-33 (just the "completists in me extending the run)...and of course a little later, I figured why not go after the entire run, there were some cool early issues too (3, 5,9, etc)...so, it "was on"

...then, a month later, my search led me to a several deales that had good inventories of catman, and I was able to buy "most" of the issues from 4-26 from these sources...then I managed to track down a collector that had put together a complete run, and picked up a few of the toughies from him...heritage/metro/clink/ebay helped me fill in most of the missing ones, and finally fuelman sold me his copy of 22 to "complete" the run

but, like I do with most runs I put together, I upgraded some here and there and now, a year + after completion, just felt it was time to move on...