• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Story - International Shipping - "Item Not Delivered"

46 posts in this topic

Had a "customer" back in mid August purchase 3 Silver Age Spiderman comics from our weekly auctions. He paid promptly and the item was shipped the next day.

I shipped the item with First Class international shipping (cheapest way), however this does not get tracked outside of the United States.

So needless to say, about 2 weeks ago, the buyer put in a claim with PayPal stating that he did not receive the books. Shocking as this seems to be a common occurrence on eBay these days.

So I thought my tracking information was good, and I submitted it to paypal. They reviewed the information and decided in favor of the buyer. All because the item was shipped First Class International and was not tracked outside of the US. So it appeared that I was going to be out the money and the comics... or was I...

I decided to follow up with the USPS and they got back to me within a few hours and stated the comics had left the country on Sept 7th and that was all the info they had.

I then contacted the "buyer" from another email address stating that I was from the "Counterintelligence Anti-Fraud Cyber Crime Division" and that this issue was going to be heavily investigated due to it being an international incident. I guess this was enough to scare him because he responded back in about 5 minutes stating that he did receive the comics a few days earlier and "meant" to notify paypal and repay me the money.

Anyone have any similar stories? Seems like eBay has become loaded with scam artists...

WILD!

I then contacted the "buyer" from another email address stating that I was from the "Counterintelligence Anti-Fraud Cyber Crime Division" and that this issue was going to be heavily investigated due to it being an international incident. I guess this was enough to scare him because he responded back in about 5 minutes stating that he did receive the comics a few days earlier and "meant" to notify paypal and repay me the money.

You can't go around pretending to be a member of the Counterintelligence Anti-Fraud Cyber Crime Division or the Counterintelligence Anti-Fraud Cyber Crime Division will come after you on a Section 3135 and make you wish you were never born.

But hey, it worked wonders on this crook. Nicely done and glad it worked out.

Hey don't worry I asked the boss over at the Counterintelligence Anti-Fraud Cyber Crime Division he said "huh what no you cannot have my cat huh what"

He vouched for the guy so he must be legit..

So I don't think he has much to worry about

Here is a picture of the current boss of Counterintelligence Anti-Fraud Cyber Crime Division

115745.jpg.4ff29e3e68f4bd92c23ef8a5ff477a96.jpg

Had a "customer" back in mid August purchase 3 Silver Age Spiderman comics from our weekly auctions. He paid promptly and the item was shipped the next day.

I shipped the item with First Class international shipping (cheapest way), however this does not get tracked outside of the United States.

So needless to say, about 2 weeks ago, the buyer put in a claim with PayPal stating that he did not receive the books. Shocking as this seems to be a common occurrence on eBay these days.

So I thought my tracking information was good, and I submitted it to paypal. They reviewed the information and decided in favor of the buyer. All because the item was shipped First Class International and was not tracked outside of the US. So it appeared that I was going to be out the money and the comics... or was I...

I decided to follow up with the USPS and they got back to me within a few hours and stated the comics had left the country on Sept 7th and that was all the info they had.

Anyone have any similar stories? Seems like eBay has become loaded with scam artists...

Lesson learned, NEVER do that again. Always ship with tracking/insurance and ALWAYS have the item returned if no acceptance. Your so lucky :preach:

Hey don't worry I asked the boss over at the Counterintelligence Anti-Fraud Cyber Crime Division he said "huh what no you cannot have my cat huh what"

He vouched for the guy so he must be legit..

So I don't think he has much to worry about

Here is a picture of the current boss of Counterintelligence Anti-Fraud Cyber Crime Division

Always wondered what he looked like.

Who's the guy with the glasses?

also known as "He who has thumbs and can open that pesky can of food"

really all they use him for over there..plus he wears pants..

The cats have found it throws off the human clerks when a cat pulls out it's wallet outta nowhere when they clearly have no pants..they tend to use us humans for those boring chores anyway..

also known as "He who has thumbs and can open that pesky can of food"

really all they use him for over there..plus he wears pants..

The cats have found it throws off the human clerks when a cat pulls out it's wallet outta nowhere when they clearly have no pants..they tend to use us humans for those boring chores anyway..

Plus, if he didn't where pants the cat would think, "Ah HA! A mouse!! >pounse<"

[borrowed from Robin Williams]

]

Yes.

two pinheads in the UK

two similar pinheads in France

PayPal just took the funds RIGHT OUT OF MY ACCOUNT and it nearly made me quit eBay...

Oh, these were not some modern drek either.

ASM # 5, CGC 9.0, ASM # 9, CGC 6.0

IMSM CGC 9.2, Iron Man 1 CGC 8.5.

And aCGCer back in the day said that he did ntoget a raw IMSM. The USPS INT'L office from UK faxed me that letter I posted( that my parcel WAS delivered), and the following silence and total lack of posts was deafening( they ALL were rooting for the so-called "buyer").

So for now on, I use USPS EXPRESS INT'L. They gotta sign for the item. Pricey? You bet. Taken heat? Especially from the Canadians. Don't penalize me because I live in the USA. Not my fault that the costs are high.

CAL who stopped Int'l sales because of this and other nonsense re; Int'l sales...