• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Story - International Shipping - "Item Not Delivered"

46 posts in this topic

Geez - thanks guys.

I've bought hundreds of comics from American, Canadian and British sellers. I pay whatever shipping they ask (or negotiate beforehand for something else.) If I see that the seller is out of pocket for the postage I send them the extra $ - just sent $27.50 yesterday to a seller who sent insured and signature required (at my request because it was an expensive lot).

But if you don't want my money, fill your boots.

Geez - thanks guys.

I've bought hundreds of comics from American, Canadian and British sellers. I pay whatever shipping they ask (or negotiate beforehand for something else.) If I see that the seller is out of pocket for the postage I send them the extra $ - just sent $27.50 yesterday to a seller who sent insured and signature required (at my request because it was an expensive lot).

But if you don't want my money, fill your boots.

for every good guy, there is a bad guy. if you ever want to buy a book from me, just PM me.

Okay, you guys are scaring me now.

I've had my fill of overseas scam artists so my shipping costs over there are horrendous based on Canada Post's Tracking rates just to protect my butt.

Right now I have a run of GREEN LANTERN #123 to #200 for sale on eBay with free shipping anywhere in Canada or the USA.

The lone bidder for this auction so far is an Australian buyer.

So now I'm thinking....what if this buyer pays the $100 or so it'll cost to ship these comics and simply launch a PayPal claim anyway even though I paid for Tracking, etc?

Will I still have to refund the cash?

The Australian buyer replied to my message and is okay with paying the $100 or so that it will cost to ship from Canada to Australia. Since I still believe that most people are honest (I'm Canadian remember?), I feel better now. Plus his FB rating is 100%.

So yeah, if an overseas buyer wants to pay for Tracking, I'm all in.