• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever bought one of these?....

11 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mixed-Lot-245-Silver-Modrn-DC-Marvel-Indy-Comics-VG-M-/150625542259?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2311fb6073#ht_500wt_922

I've thought about buying one of these comic book lots or similar ones like this just out of curiosity. Are there ever any good finds or keys in these sort of listings or are they only worth buying to have a read?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mixed-Lot-245-Silver-Modrn-DC-Marvel-Indy-Comics-VG-M-/150625542259?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2311fb6073#ht_500wt_922

I've thought about buying one of these comic book lots or similar ones like this just out of curiosity. Are there ever any good finds or keys in these sort of listings or are they only worth buying to have a read?

I'll respond as calmly as possible.

These are "lottery" type eBay lots. They are against eBay rules. Report them. I did.

Think about it. Would you sell an unexamined anything on eBay or any where else?

Of course not.

The shipping here is $258.15. doh!

Just do not consider it, grasshopper.

I'll respond as calmly as possible.

These are "lottery" type eBay lots. They are against eBay rules. Report them. I did.

Think about it. Would you sell an unexamined anything on eBay or any where else?

Of course not.

The shipping here is $258.15. doh!

:roflmao: I'm not that stupid

Just do not consider it, grasshopper.

I sell grab bag lots on ebay, but I am very specific about the era of thoe books (no 90's stuff, for example, no dupes) as well as what the total value (as per OPG) will be at a minimum and also I do grab bags by title/character. I specifically state I am not putting any amazing super potential "prize" book in there because that is B.S. (though on my more expensive lots you could be getting $50-$100 (in OPG) type keys). I'm usually looking for some modest fraction of the guide value. People (including a few dealers who bought lots) have been happy so far, though it's not like I've sold a ton of them.

$258 is to australia, free in the usa

looking at his feedback, people are happy with the lots, but he must have had best offer before because they were paying $20-$25 w/free shipping. that sounds like a pretty good deal actually.

Shipping 245 comics media mail is close to $20 so buying a lot for $25 and getting free shipping is a great deal.

As far as getting a gem in there, its unlikely but possible.I've been selling 1,000 book lots here on the forum and buyers have written me telling me some of the books I enclosed. One buyer got a MSH 12 and another a Titans 2. I didn't mean to include them in the lots but accidents happen.

It also is possible the sellers are simply not up on every valuable comic and some will slip thru.Do you believe everyone knows that Albedo 1 and 3 are near worthless but #2 is a $100plus book, Or that Defenders 10 sells for more than #9?

I don't believe that seller is violating any eBay policy.

i bought one of these once because the seller lived close by and said i could pick the books up. 300 books for $20. my LCS will buy modern books for .10 each, so i knew if they weren't beat to , i could make a few dollars. amazingly, i looked at the books, and while they were modern junk. they were all minty or close. ended up buying 314 books for $20. found a batman: harley quinn 1st print, and sold the rest of the books for $30