• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Oldest signed comic book?

31 posts in this topic

1940. Pretty much a Chicago area publication I believe as many of the writers/artists that I was able to trace were based there

That's exactly what I came up with. I wish I could find the email I received from the original owner when I got it. Did I send you a copy of it when you bought the book? If not, I am going to have to do some searching so I can get the story in his own words. That book was my crown jewel til it went to you. It obviously went to the right home seeing as you also enjoyed it as much as I did.

Unfortunately I don't think I got a copy of that email but you had told me the story. I'm really glad I had a chance to own it.

Here's one from 1892, signed by the master...

:o I stand corrected, the Detective is not close to the earliest. This is very cool - actually all the books posted are (though Creig's work is still a personal favorite).

You have quite a varied, unique and just plain cool collection! (worship)