• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Montreal Con report with pics and video

34 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I doubt I'll be able to top the comprehensive reports on the Montreal experience Voorhees and VintageComics/Roy have already posted, but I figured I'd add my two cents to the experience.

First of all, despite my best intentions to connect with some fellow boardies for the first time, my lack of advance planning failed miserably and with the exception of unknowingly stopping by Voorhees' table, I didn't get to meet any of you, which is a shame. I would have loved to have seen Roy in person to meet this board icon and attempt to negotiate a 10-year amortization period for his 9.4 OWW Sgt. Fury No. 1... :cloud9:

lol

I wasn't there for very long on Saturday.

The only thing iconic about me is my ability to spew out posts on a message board.

:preach:

Unfortunately I missed this mythical Green Lantern of whom you all speak, but I forgot to include this (kind of crappy, unfortunately) shot of what I thought was a simply awesome Hulk. For my money, this costume was actually more impressive than the CGI used in the Ang Lee and Ed Norton movies.

IMG_3371.jpg

Heh. My one and only comic con I ever attended was back in '81. Just a bunch of dealers cramped into a convention room. None of this fancy stuff and definitely no hot chicks.

I suppose I should make a point to attend the next one in my area just to see what it's like these days.