• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pacific Coast original catalog listings

92 posts in this topic

I dont know if this topic was previosly covered on earlier forums(if so I apologize) But why do som PC slabs have the round sailboat sticker and others dont?

Because Rob Roter of the Pacific Comics Exchange sold a bunch of books unslabbed, but after CGC became popular, he slabbed his remaining ones and stuck the sticker on there prior to selling.

Can anyone provide some info on the historical background or origins of the Oakland Pedigree? I had one drop into my lap and was just curious was the consensus is on this collection.

Red,I may be wrong ,maybe another collector knows,but I think Mike Carbanarro found the collection!!! If it's the one I'm thinking of, the collector was real meticulas with his purchase's .He wouldn't let anybody handle his books ,he would wash his hands first & put the comics on a towell to read so he wouldn't have to touch them. I think when he grew up he went into a cleaning buisness!!! OCD!!! All the Way!!!

Major OCD! Sounds like. Some of the stories behind the pedigrees are fascinating. I wonder how Matt Nelson is coming along with his book.....think I'll drop him a line.....

Red,I know I want a copy when it comes out.Sounds like it gone to be good!!!

I love the history of these collections ,as you guys do,never tire of hearing or reading about them!!! grin.gif

Can anyone provide some info on the historical background or origins of the Oakland Pedigree? I had one drop into my lap and was just curious was the consensus is on this collection.

Red, check with Vincent Zurzolo at Metropolis. I think he was also involved in the discovery of these books when he was running his own dealership, before he hooked up with Metropolis.