• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Check out what I got from the Borders going-out-of-business sale!

71 posts in this topic

:applause: I was wishing I could do this when I walked around the "Everything Must Go!" store near me, but alas our ceilings are way too low. I'm stoked to see that someone was able to pull it off!

Now you can sit in front of it in your velvet smoking jacket while you smoke your pipe, drink your brandy and read a stack of vintage Spider-Mans lol

It was a lot of work. I had a guy from work help me and we had to take them all apart and take them down ourselves. I hired a another guy to help me put them up today. I'm stoked! I've always dreamed about having a bookcase with a ladder. :cloud9:

I will have one, one day.

:cloud9:

Glad you were able to nail down such a cool deal. :)

I'm still pretty sad about Borders closing. I bought SO many books there and tried books out I might not have otherwise bought thanks to their nice deals. Plus, my wife and I loved going to our local Borders to grab some coffee and just browse through the books. :sorry:

Glad you were able to nail down such a cool deal. :)

I'm still pretty sad about Borders closing. I bought SO many books there and tried books out I might not have otherwise bought thanks to their nice deals. Plus, my wife and I loved going to our local Borders to grab some coffee and just browse through the books. :sorry:

you can get a starbucks and hit the public library :D

cool shelfs dude!

This is as jealous as I have been of anyone in a long long time.

Now you can reenact that great scene from The Last Crusade with Indy in the Library.

It was a lot of work. I had a guy from work help me and we had to take them all apart and take them down ourselves. I hired a another guy to help me put them up today. I'm stoked! I've always dreamed about having a bookcase with a ladder. :cloud9:

You'll have to throw up some pics when you get them loaded up. :cloud9:

So my local Borders survived the first round of closings last spring, but it final gave up the ghost this past month. I went a few weeks ago to see if they had a spinner rack, but instead I came away with this.... :banana:

bookcase01.jpg

bookcase02.jpg

bookcase03.jpg

:whatthe:

Congrats! :applause: