• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Interesting turn of events

36 posts in this topic

I've contacted the original seller of the piece and sent him a link. I suggest we withhold any detailed discussion/opinion until he has a chance to see what's going on.

It may or may not be a stolen item still.

There may be a simple explanation for the piece being for sale on ebay...I just don't want to supply the seller with that explanation from this thread if he doesn't already have it.

Try google to find other similar cases of stolen property popping up on auction sites... That will help you determine if contacting eBay mgmt is the next best step to take to catch the thief. They will have the seller's info and can advise on what if any legal action can be taken.

This is of course assuming that the seller is the thief - It may have already changed hands a few time... But this still should be pursued and hopefully the thief gets theirs :makepoint:

And the plot thickens ... I messaged the seller and got the following back:

"I do have more to come, one is an Avengers piece. This particular piece you asked about, I did not personally get it from the artist. Keep an eye out on my auctions for the rest of the pieces."

see below - the other page in the package that was stolen:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...528&GSub=72187

looking less and less like this is a misunderstanding - we shall see

I've contacted the original seller of the piece and sent him a link. I suggest we withhold any detailed discussion/opinion until he has a chance to see what's going on.

It may or may not be a stolen item still.

There may be a simple explanation for the piece being for sale on ebay...I just don't want to supply the seller with that explanation from this thread if he doesn't already have it.

Who did you contact? Can you PM me the contents of the message? Thanks

And the plot thickens ... I messaged the seller and got the following back:

"I do have more to come, one is an Avengers piece. This particular piece you asked about, I did not personally get it from the artist. Keep an eye out on my auctions for the rest of the pieces."

see below - the other page in the package that was stolen:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...528&GSub=72187

looking less and less like this is a misunderstanding - we shall see

Clicked the link and whatever it was has been taken off :(

Or the art was taken after delivery if the art was left on a doorstep.

possible but doubtful as my wife was home - it was not sent signature required and I don't believe it was on the porch very long. If so, it still smells like it was stolen by someone along the delivery chain.

Got it {thumbs u

WTF is with all this "in transit" thefts?? Does this mean some postal worker is up to no good?

possibly - it means Spencer mailed it and the package arrived empty

doh! I must have been distracted yesterday. I didn't even realize you're the buyer that received the opened package :insane:

But yeah, my comment was meant more or less tongue-in-cheek as I've been reading more and more about items being stolen while in transit. Sure hope this works in your favor somehow :wishluck: