• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you find out all Variants for a given comic?

11 posts in this topic

In particular right now I'm interested in Ultimate Comics: Spider-man 1, but I also want to see what all is out there for USM 160 and Ultimate Fallout 4.

I think Miles Morales is going to be around a while and has a lot of potential as a character. Some of you may totally disagree with me, and that's why it's speculation :)

With that being said, is there a site that will tell you every variant that's available for every comic, and also tell you the variant ratio?

Unrelated question: Is there a reason to keep factory bagged comics in their original bag?

I know before CGC keeping it in a factory bag was considered a must to get the most value out of it. Now though with comics coming in bags that you can't see through but there being possible variants and with CGC slabbing comics I am not sure there really is a reason to keep newer comics like Ultimate Spidey in the bag.

I know before CGC keeping it in a factory bag was considered a must to get the most value out of it. Now though with comics coming in bags that you can't see through but there being possible variants and with CGC slabbing comics I am not sure there really is a reason to keep newer comics like Ultimate Spidey in the bag.
I think this is a huge plus from the changes the new high grade crowd created Those bags were toxic anyway, and the comics were meant to be read. When Marvel started polybagging every issue across their entire X-Men and Spider-Man lines it was like instant sales boost. If only we had known then that the bag would become inconsequential. I love when a bagged Superman 75 is listed on eBay as NM lol

I use ComicsPriceGuide whenever I need to look up a cover or see the number of variants and/or printings of an issue. Its database is quite extensive and the site is relatively easy to navigate.

However the search function is not friendly when it comes to mispelled words... much like here. lol

I use Comic Base and they have been pretty good on listing the variants, although they miss one here or there.

This is what they show for :

Ultimate Comics Spider-man #1(v3)

1 - Polybagged

1/A - Variant cover - Pichelli (1:25)

1/B = Variant - Maskless Cover (1:15)

1Signed - Signed by Stan Lee (limited to 100 copies, select copies are inscribed, “With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.”) (Comic Base does not list this one)

Ultimate Spider-man #160

160 - Black Polybag

160-2 - 1nd Printing

160/A - Red Polybad - Variant by Kaluta

160/B - Blank Cover

160/C - Variant by Quesada

160/CS - Bagged (not sure what this one is yet)

160/D - B&W sketch variant by Quesada

160/E - Spoiler Variant

Ultimate Fallout #4

4 - 1st appearance pf Miles as Spidey

4/A - Variant cover by Djurdjevic

4/A=2 2nd print variant by Bagley

I use Comic Base and they have been pretty good on listing the variants, although they miss one here or there.

1 - Polybagged

1Signed - Signed by Stan Lee (limited to 100 copies, select copies are inscribed, “With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.”) (Comic Base does not list this one)

Ultimate Spider-man #160

160 - Black Polybag

160-2 - 1nd Printing

160/B - Blank Cover

160/E - Spoiler Variant

Ultimate Fallout #4

V3 already :eek: , could be worse, what is TMNT on V5 (shrug)

1 - Polybagged

Ultimate Spider-man #160

160 - Black Polybag

160-2 - 1nd Printing

160/B - Blank Cover

160/E - Spoiler Variant

Ultimate Fallout #4

Is it any wonder publishers have lost so many readers/collectors over the years? Who has the resources to try and collect all these variants?