• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Journey Into Mystery #41

10 posts in this topic

This book has one page that extends beyond the cover's edge, as seen in the scans. The page isn't separated - not sure why it is wider.

Just curious...is the corresponding page on the other side of the wrap shorter by the same amount?

Shellhead - No, the corresponding page is not shorter by an offsetting amount, in fact, it is cut flush with the other pages. The protruding page is the innermost page in the book, so its corresponding page faces the too-wide page when the book is closed. I see that the staples still are gripping the page so I'm not sure where the extra width comes from. Perhaps it is a manufacturing defect.

Thanks,

BCB

Shellhead - No, the corresponding page is not shorter by an offsetting amount, in fact, it is cut flush with the other pages. The protruding page is the innermost page in the book, so its corresponding page faces the too-wide page when the book is closed. I see that the staples still are gripping the page so I'm not sure where the extra width comes from. Perhaps it is a manufacturing defect.

Thanks,

BCB

i have a Thor with the same defect. not sure how it happened.