• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America Annual (Canadian): Worth the eBay risk?

88 posts in this topic

Ask them for pics of the back cover, centerfold and inside covers. Probably

the real deal if they can supply them.

The centerfold might be tough as there isn't really a center staple. But any interior splash should do. And remember, the interiors are black and white.

The interiors reprint an issue of Captain America (either 18 or 22, I can't remember) and an issue of Marvel Mystery (I think it is 32 which is the cover of the Marvel annual). The insides are identical to most of the Marvel Annuals, though there is one known Marvel Annual which contains different reprints.

The interiors reprint an issue of Captain America (either 18 or 22, I can't remember) and an issue of Marvel Mystery (I think it is 32 which is the cover of the Marvel annual). The insides are identical to most of the Marvel Annuals.

I thought the placement of the interior reprints was reversed for Capt America vs Marvel Mystery annual. Can't remember if the contents were reversed at the center point meaning the crossword puzzle may be on a different page. (shrug)

Anyone here live near Kanata, ON for a home visit to do a page count? I emailed her for more info too. zzz

Roy is about a six hour drive from there.

Might as well be in the next Province as 6 hours is a long ways away. A fellow Canadian boardie PM'd me about my copy and he lives in Ontario [i gave him a heads up on this listing] so maybe he will inquire and make a pitch for it? I'm curious as heck to see if this is legit, could be a steal at $3k if the book is complete.

The interiors reprint an issue of Captain America (either 18 or 22, I can't remember) and an issue of Marvel Mystery (I think it is 32 which is the cover of the Marvel annual). The insides are identical to most of the Marvel Annuals.

I thought the placement of the interior reprints was reversed for Capt America vs Marvel Mystery annual. Can't remember if the contents were reversed at the center point meaning the crossword puzzle may be on a different page. (shrug)

I am sure you are correct. I've never had the opportunity to compare the two. I only have the Marvel Annual (and mine is the one with different interiors) and have never had the Cap.

Anyone here live near Kanata, ON for a home visit to do a page count? I emailed her for more info too. zzz

Roy is about a six hour drive from there.

Might as well be in the next Province as 6 hours is a long ways away. A fellow Canadian boardie PM'd me about my copy and he lives in Ontario [i gave him a heads up on this listing] so maybe he will inquire and make a pitch for it? I'm curious as heck to see if this is legit, could be a steal at $3k if the book is complete.

If you know anyone in Quebec, it's actually closer to Montreal (about 2 1/2 hrs) than from the Toronto area (6 hrs).

Timing as always sucks otherwise I would take a stabb at this copy. hm The zero feedback bothers me but the fact that the seller is in Canada gives me some comfort as I suspect it would be easier to chase down for a refund if I had to.

And let's be honest. As a Canadian, the seller is far less likely to be a criminal. People are just nicer up there. I remember being lost in Ottawa many, many years ago. I asked a guy on the street and he generously gave me a ride to where I was going. Good people, Canada.

She says the back cover is a bit loose. Some wear and small rips around edges (cover and center). Interior good condition with all pages present. Small pencil notation on front page.

Still $3k is quite a bit to risk for zero feedback vendor. Offer her less, as this may be a divorce sale. :wishluck: