• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America Annual (Canadian): Worth the eBay risk?

88 posts in this topic

Ya think... I was the bidder and even made an offline offer for the seller's son to end the auction early. He gave me some and bull story about "his mother wanting to have the auction run it is course on Ebay, and not take it offline".

I received the above response early this afternoon and by suppertime I was outbid by some 800 pound Gorilla who has something like 43000 Ebay feedbacks and lo and behold the AUCTION IS ENDED early.

Thank goodness I have a pristine copy of the Marvel Mystery Annual, so I am not crying in my soup. That being said, the sellers son is a tool. The innate greed of some sellers is palpable. Nuff said. :mad:

That's my copy. :baiting:

That's funny - one of the rarest comics on the planet, listed twice in two weeks!

That copy that was pulled just surfaced in a house in Ottawa. A Marvel Mystery Annual surfaced in an estate sale in Montreal a couple of weeks ago. You think every GA book in existence has come to market and is accounted for, and time wrings out a couple more.

That's funny - one of the rarest comics on the planet, listed twice in two weeks!

That copy that was pulled just surfaced in a house in Ottawa. A Marvel Mystery Annual surfaced in an estate sale in Montreal a couple of weeks ago. You think every GA book in existence has come to market and is accounted for, and time wrings out a couple more.

What ever happened to that MMC Annual? What did it sell for? :popcorn:

Another off-line offer. Went for $40K. :o

WTF! Must have been in pretty nice condition?

With a press could be 7.5.

Holy cow. That's stout.

With a press could be 7.5.

Well probably the nicest copy around by a country mile. Not sure what the census reflects in terms of grades but a 7.5 would be amazing to see.