• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nd annual CBCA dinner at NYCC 2011

84 posts in this topic

Looks like fun. I don't think I can make it though. As it stands I am not sure if I am even going to make one day at the con this year. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for Sunday.
You will be missed, Jeannine. :(
How come you won't miss me? (shrug)

Greggy I was hoping to met you. :(

Next year's schedule will be Seattle, Philly, SD, and Chicago.

Philly sucks.

I don't care. I would have gone back to Wonder Con if they didn't ruin it by moving it to Anaheim.

Looks like fun. I don't think I can make it though. As it stands I am not sure if I am even going to make one day at the con this year. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for Sunday.

Greggy I was hoping to met you. :(

:sorry:

That's such a shame. Philly used to be a great show. I did a few years in a row. It was always my favorite show back then. :(

The 1st ever Forum Dinner was in Philly. I think it was 2003.

The trip was a fun and I picked up a couple of nice books, but as shows go there isn't much to offer.

I thought you were coming. (shrug)
Nope, I can only stand NYC once every few years.
:( Maybe one day we will meet. :wishluck:

Here's the list of people attending so far:

comicdonna +2

Bill Robinson +1 paid

mycomicshop paid

esquirecomics

David Merryweather +1 paid

Brodie91 paid

otherworldsj33 paid

gozer paid

Dave Reynolds

Art Clos +1

shadroch

Terry O'Neill

Sardo Numspar paid

Total to date: 18

This needs a... :bump:

Hey guys and gals, if you're going to be in NYC and don't dine at Chevys you're missing some great TexMex, and this is a Texan talkin' at ya! :banana:

Lots of good eats and fellow boardies to converse with! You may wanna give Comicdonna the heads-up if you're thinking about it, NYCC is almost here! (thumbs u

...and no, I'm not shilling! (tsk)

Hey everyone:

The CBCA is proud to announce that we are hosting a dinner again this year for the NYCC. MR. Zipper has found a nice Mexican restaurant at an affordable price. You do not have to be a member of the CBCA to join us. You can contact me via PM for Paypal info. Here's the details.

$32 per person including meal, tax and tip.

Chevys Restaurant - 259 West 42nd Street, New York, NY

Saturday October 15th 8:00 - 9:30 PM

Traditional Mexican Buffet

• PORK TAMALES

• CHICKEN TAMALES

• CHEDDAR CHEESE ENCHILADAS

• CRISPY CHICKEN FLAUTAS

• FRESH MEX® RICE

• HOMEMADE BEANS

• SWEET CORN TAMALITO

• CHIPS & SALSA

• MIXED GREENS SALAD

• CHOICE OF DRESSING

• COTIJA CHEESE

• ROASTED-CORN SALSA

• TORTILLA STRIPS

• JALAPEÑO JELLY

• BROWNIE

• FRESH FRUIT

Unlimited soft drinks

Cash bar

Yum! I wish I could attend the NYC Con this year...sigh.

Hey everyone:

The CBCA is proud to announce that we are hosting a dinner again this year for the NYCC. MR. Zipper has found a nice Mexican restaurant at an affordable price. You do not have to be a member of the CBCA to join us. You can contact me via PM for Paypal info. Here's the details.

$32 per person including meal, tax and tip.

Chevys Restaurant - 259 West 42nd Street, New York, NY

Saturday October 15th 8:00 - 9:30 PM

Traditional Mexican Buffet

• PORK TAMALES

• CHICKEN TAMALES

• CHEDDAR CHEESE ENCHILADAS

• CRISPY CHICKEN FLAUTAS

• FRESH MEX® RICE

• HOMEMADE BEANS

• SWEET CORN TAMALITO

• CHIPS & SALSA

• MIXED GREENS SALAD

• CHOICE OF DRESSING

• COTIJA CHEESE

• ROASTED-CORN SALSA

• TORTILLA STRIPS

• JALAPEÑO JELLY

• BROWNIE

• FRESH FRUIT

Unlimited soft drinks

Cash bar

Yum! I wish I could attend the NYC Con this year...sigh.

You and me both. :( Between a cross-continent trip for you and a newborn for me, looks like we'll have to wait for another yet.

Things are looking VERY good and I think I just may be paying for 2!

(Short story- didn't think I would be able get to the NYCCC at all- out of the blue, a friend of mine calls me to tell me he has an extra ticket to CC and wants to know if I'd like to go- got the time off from work- mentioned to him the CBCA dinner- he sounded interested- looking into transportation- hopefully reserving 2 spots for Chevys by the end of next week! :wishluck: )

:banana:

(Short story- didn't think I would be able get to the NYCCC at all- out of the blue, a friend of mine calls me to tell me he has an extra ticket to CC and wants to know if I'd like to go- got the time off from work- mentioned to him the CBCA dinner- he sounded interested- looking into transportation- hopefully reserving 2 spots for Chevys by the end of next week! :wishluck: )

:wishluck:

I'll be with you guys in spirit. :(

I'll be with you guys in spirit. :(

You will be missed, Dave.