• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid Ohio Con

103 posts in this topic

I'll be attending Mid-Ohio this weekend; this would be my 3rd time at a comics convention (not counting the smaller, hotel ones). When I attended last year, it was practically the 1st time in over 30 years...went to Mid-Ohio in 1979.

While this convention may not be grandiose in scale and have the bigger names in the comic industry like NYCC or SDCC, IMO a comic convention is a comic convention, and I have fun every time.

Also, I'd like to meet some of the forum boardies there...for me, that would be one of highlights for going...hope to see you there. (thumbs u

yeah, i was at the early ones at the blue dolphin in downtown mansfield. then out to the richland co. fairgrounds. want to go badly,but this damn blood clot in my leg puts the brakes on that

It's official. Not going.

Let me know how it is.

Sorry, Ginger.

:foryou:

I'll soldier on somehow.

I'm going to make a special trip to Ohio just to see you one day. Promise.

I'll be attending Mid-Ohio this weekend; this would be my 3rd time at a comics convention (not counting the smaller, hotel ones). When I attended last year, it was practically the 1st time in over 30 years...went to Mid-Ohio in 1979.

While this convention may not be grandiose in scale and have the bigger names in the comic industry like NYCC or SDCC, IMO a comic convention is a comic convention, and I have fun every time.

Also, I'd like to meet some of the forum boardies there...for me, that would be one of highlights for going...hope to see you there. (thumbs u

yeah, i was at the early ones at the blue dolphin in downtown mansfield. then out to the richland co. fairgrounds. want to go badly,but this damn blood clot in my leg puts the brakes on that

Sorry to hear about that, Bill...hopefully next year then?

The number of dealers with weaponry outnumbered the number of dealers with GA books by a 3:1 margin.

Wizard had two booths to process all the walk-up tickets. The line was out of site when we finally made it to the front.

Celebrity guests were at the front and the lines completely blocked access to the rest of the floor.

The artist alley was so congested it was pointless to even enter.

Those who stayed away made the right choice. Only Dave Kapelka and Greg Reece had decent books.

Got some SS books done. And some nice sketches. Got to meet Greg Reece who is just a super friendly guy. With a ton of jaw dropping books. Not much box diving, but I did pick up a couple undergrounds. This did not feel like Mid-Ohio to me and it made me a little sad. But it was still good to get some books done and hang out with Bree, Nicole, Joe and my personal Sig procurer - Josh aka Newt.

This did not feel like Mid-Ohio to me and it made me a little sad.

Don't know why; IMO it was crowded like a mofo there...

My younger brother & I arrived at 11:30, chatted with Darryl Banks (who my brother recognized as a fellow member of a local church they both go to/attend), talked to Michael Golden, to which the banter sounded like we were friends for years... :screwy:, talked to Adam West, Burt Ward, and Billy Dee Williams, whom my brother and I congratulated them for their Batman TV series and Star Wars portrayals of their characters, submitted a couple comics (one signed by Ron Frenz and a Modern) to CGC, to which I thank the personnel that was present very much for their service, purchasing a few books to complete some runs, had pics taken of me with cos-players consisting of the Joker, Harley Quinn, and 2 Spider-Mans (black costume and Ultimate(Miles Morales (?)).... but did not meet any forum boardies there... :(

I thought the show sucked, There was one other dealer besides Kapelka and Reece who had a couple decent books, but his set up sucked and you could not see his books unless you pushed a crowd out of the alley he was set up in.

I bought nothing all the books Reece and North Coast had that I neeeded were too high grade for me.

No one had any $1 boxes worth looking into. I will not be returning to this show again, unless they find some silver/bronze age artist I care about to do some sigs.

I did get to submit a couple books. So I am happy about that.

This was the worse show I have went to since doing the convention seen again.

It's been a good show, wall to wall people! Easily 2-3x more than last year. Sales are way up from last year and my store's sales on Saturday was a little more than double Saturdays sales last year. (My store is in the same convention center as the con). Fantasy Comics had some great books (He sold must) and North Coast has the usual great books. I'm not sure how anyone could complain about this show!

All the artist were doing very well, custume contest had way more entries than was expected and lasted after the con ended for the night. I've heard nothing bad from any comics dealers.

you can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. As long as people keep paying $30 for a ticket to see D celebrities, artists and weapon sellers, wizard will continue to put on bad shows.

Just because its packed, doesn't make it a good show.

It's been a good show, wall to wall people! Easily 2-3x more than last year. Sales are way up from last year and my store's sales on Saturday was a little more than double Saturdays sales last year. (My store is in the same convention center as the con). Fantasy Comics had some great books (He sold must) and North Coast has the usual great books. I'm not sure how anyone could complain about this show!

All the artist were doing very well, custume contest had way more entries than was expected and lasted after the con ended for the night. I've heard nothing bad from any comics dealers.

I have been in your store, judging by your inventory; you probably did do very well. But the items you stock and sell are not necessarily the items people (majority) on these boards look for at a con.