• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Hell must have frozen over

28 posts in this topic

This is very off topic, but after almost 30 years as a PC user, I broke down and bought a MAC iBook Pro tonight. So far I am loving it, but I need to get WORD, EXCEL, Visio, etc loaded on it to really make it useful. My wife has been a MAC user for a long time and we now have 2 MAC books, a large sized desk top, 4 iPhone, and 2 iPads. So far I am loving it.

I went through the same thing about 4 years ago. Finally, my work changed our application platform and I had no choice but to switch to a MacBookPro. I have no desire now to go back to using a PC. Every time I have to it's not a lot of fun.

A buddy of mine once said it best: Using PCs make you feel like you don't know enough and might be stupid, using a Mac just makes you feel really smart.

I'm a Mac user for my home and PC for business. I love the Mac so much more.

I bought my iMac about 3 years ago and recently it was really really slowing down. I upgraded the ram to 4GB and it's running so fast now. 4GB of ram was $60 and I installed it myself. Best $60 I spent in a long time. I highly recommend maxing out your ram memory as it is such an improvement!

Enjoy the Mac!

Crud, the version of office my wife has is 2004 so I need to buy a newer version and it looks like I can't get Visio for the MAC so I am going to need to find a suitable replacement. If anyone knows a good replacement for Visio, I would really appreciate it. I am still loving it. I really needed a compact machine but it needs to have some horse power for some of the stuff I do. I looked at the netbooks but they just aren't quite there and I really hate HPs stuff. My wife has been pestering me to convert for several years so now she feels all proud of herself which isn't a bad thing. The new OS is just great. We were wondering why the heck they had this huge mouse pad but after seeing all the stuff you can do with the new finger slides, it is just plan great.

This is very off topic, but after almost 30 years as a PC user, I broke down and bought a MAC iBook Pro tonight. So far I am loving it, but I need to get WORD, EXCEL, Visio, etc loaded on it to really make it useful. My wife has been a MAC user for a long time and we now have 2 MAC books, a large sized desk top, 4 iPhone, and 2 iPads. So far I am loving it.

Get the Microsoft Office for Macintosh package and you'll be all set. Do not listen to the total Mac zealots who tell you that the Apple software is "just as good" because it is not. Pages sucks. I go back and forth on Word between Mac and PC all the time and there's no difference.

Crud, the version of office my wife has is 2004 so I need to buy a newer version and it looks like I can't get Visio for the MAC so I am going to need to find a suitable replacement. If anyone knows a good replacement for Visio, I would really appreciate it. I am still loving it. I really needed a compact machine but it needs to have some horse power for some of the stuff I do. I looked at the netbooks but they just aren't quite there and I really hate HPs stuff. My wife has been pestering me to convert for several years so now she feels all proud of herself which isn't a bad thing. The new OS is just great. We were wondering why the heck they had this huge mouse pad but after seeing all the stuff you can do with the new finger slides, it is just plan great.

A good replacement for Visio (why are you using Visio? It suckssuckssuckssucks but that's a different story) is OmniGraffle Pro.

We were wondering why the heck they had this huge mouse pad but after seeing all the stuff you can do with the new finger slides, it is just plan great.

I lost the mouse for my MacBook awhile back. With all that can be done easily doing the finger slides I never bothered buying another mouse, and doubt I ever will. I dread having to use my girl's PC on occassion.

This is very off topic...

There is an article in People magazine about Greg and his family. Pretty cool (thumbs u

A good replacement for Visio (why are you using Visio? It suckssuckssuckssucks but that's a different story) is OmniGraffle Pro.

visio is what we use at work so for compatibility reasons I just got it for home as well. For doing IC design diagrams it works great. I can crank out almost anything I want in minutes. OmniGraffle seems to be the one mentioned most on the network so I will give it a try. (thumbs u

There is an article in People magazine about Greg and his family. Pretty cool (thumbs u

hey Rich. I am surprised you saw that. Definitely an interesting experience.

I had to catch up on the gossip.

More toilet time, huh?

:grin:

More toilet time, huh?

Tracy has all the latest in her nail salon. Pedicure time is gossip time.

More toilet time, huh?

Tracy has all the latest in her nail salon. Pedicure time is gossip time.

Got my first pedicure in NYC. There was a salon just above the sidewalk next to the Penn Plaza.

God, it felt terrific. I got nearly a half hour foot massage after a long day at the show.

:cloud9:

Those women are on to a good thing....

It's such an awesome feeling to see normal people who steadfastly held to the belief that PCs were so great and macs suckedfinally opening up their eyes and minds to what Mac has been all along for themselves...

Actually gives me hope that many of the other popular denials out there can and will be similarly left in the dust someday!!