• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found the 13th edition of the Overstreet Price Guide, any value?

18 posts in this topic

While out 'picking,' after a long week at the office, I found a paperback copy of h 13th edition of the Overstreet Price Guide! It is in fair condition and has some modest moisture damage (basically a 'wavy appearance' to it). It is great to read, as it is fully intact! Does anyone know if this thing has any value?

I don't know anything about the value if these guides. I read them and sell them when the next edition comes out.

Thanks for your help!

A look at completed listings on FeeBay shows that one sold recently for 99 cents plus shipping. The softcover issues of the Overstreet Guide from #6 on up are typically plentiful and inexpensive. The first issue of the Guide can get VERY expensive, and prices drop from there, but by the time you get to issue 6 you'll see that the softcover editions are easy to come by and typically pretty cheap.

When trying to find the value for an item like this, the first place to search is typically eBay. If an item is common and inexpensive, you'll always find it there.

Well, they're certainly Not Rare (shrug)

See-- that's the problem with this site... everybody is quick to make assumptions. Actually, that edition is quite rare. By some quirk of fate, it just happens that all 24 known copies are for sale on eBay right now...

Awesome. I'm gonna buy all 24 copies and corner the market.

See-- that's the problem with this site... everybody is quick to make assumptions. Actually, that edition is quite rare. By some quirk of fate, it just happens that all 24 known copies are for sale on eBay right now...

Let the bidding war begin :grin:

You'll be sorry. I have a war chest of $5.99 in paypal right now....

You'll be sorry. I have a war chest of $5.99 in paypal right now....

:mad: ....... errrrrr !!

Simple: I buy and sell the low end stuff to buy the high end stuff-lol! Okay that isn't entirely true, but I am a part time 'picker.'

You know me too well!

Here is my breakdown; for comics I have nothing lower than a 9.2 in my collection.

For coins and currency, my lowest allowable grade is MS 63.

That being said, I prefer 9.4 for comics and MS 65 for coins and currency....

And for AFA graded items, if it is vintage, it better be 85 or higher!