• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help price a collection

11 posts in this topic

I have a chance to buy an Xmen collection 94-150. There are multiple unread copies except for the 94. The 94 is VF and the two 95's are NM-. 96-142 are 9.4 to 9.8.

So here's my question, what would you buy this collection, let's say 94 is VF, 95 is NM- and 96-150 are all NM+ just a single copy of each. OW pages all unread copies.

What would you pay if you intended to resell?

Ed

I would take a guess at what you could realistically resell them at raw and offer half of that number.

If you can make out by subbing some to CGC and getting more then that works out in your favor.

I figured that out with an estimate. The buy prices would be

$200 for the 94 and 95 combined

$700 for the 96-100

$200 for the 101

$700 for 102-109

$500 for 110-119

$200 for 120 121

$800 for 122-150

$3300 at the most. That seems high to me but its a start.

I figured that out with an estimate. The buy prices would be

$200 for the 94 and 95 combined

$700 for the 96-100

$200 for the 101

$700 for 102-109

$500 for 110-119

$200 for 120 121

$800 for 122-150

$3300 at the most. That seems high to me but its a start.

Just out of curiosity, would you pay more if they were slabbed already? And how much more?

Of course, and if I had them graded and they came back as 9.6's they would be worth/sold for FMV. And I'm only estimating grades which is always dangerous as I haven't closely inspected all of them. But there were multiple copies and clearly unread. The keys and random ones I did look at closely were 9.8 candidates but that is always tough to judge accurately and not something I would price when buying raw. There were a couple that had a corner fleck from production that I'd lower to 9.4 but not a lot of those. (and those can still get 9.6s when graded but still)

Just curious what folks thought given my assumptions.

Ed

The 143-150 have almost no value raw. I would see if he would take 1500.00, than feel him out to see if you are in the ballpark. You could go to 2,000.00 without too much worry as long as your grading is tight enough that you could get 9.6 and 9.8's. Check for foxing and rust on the staples. Just because they are unread copies does not give them a free pass on those types of defects.

The 143-150 have almost no value raw. I would see if he would take 1500.00, than feel him out to see if you are in the ballpark. You could go to 2,000.00 without too much worry as long as your grading is tight enough that you could get 9.6 and 9.8's. Check for foxing and rust on the staples. Just because they are unread copies does not give them a free pass on those types of defects.

^^

He wanted $7000 for the lot, although there were duplicates of most issues 95-137. Still a little high for me so I had to pass. Sometimes saying no is your best option. Still he's selling me the other runs for pretty decent. Just a lot of work to scan and grade out to make it worth while.

Ed

He wanted $7000 for the lot, although there were duplicates of most issues 95-137. Still a little high for me so I had to pass. Sometimes saying no is your best option. Still he's selling me the other runs for pretty decent. Just a lot of work to scan and grade out to make it worth while.

Ed

I think you made the right decision, even at $3300 you were up pretty high. For a reference, I just bought a very similar run (94-121, missing only 95, multiples of nearly every issue, some issue like 100 i got 6 copies of) for $600. 94 and 96 I'd grade 8 or so, after that I believe there were only like 5 or 6 issues that don't graded 9.4 or higher. This same collection also had 122 - 143, in massive amounts of duplicates (141, 142 and 143 each had 30+ copies), but the price was actually higher than those I bought (pricing was based on # of issues, not value per copy). Keep looking, you'll find these out there at a better price

I have a chance to buy an Xmen collection 94-150. There are multiple unread copies except for the 94. The 94 is VF and the two 95's are NM-. 96-142 are 9.4 to 9.8.

So here's my question, what would you buy this collection, let's say 94 is VF, 95 is NM- and 96-150 are all NM+ just a single copy of each. OW pages all unread copies.

What would you pay if you intended to resell?

Ed

$5 . . . shipped. :sumo:

:roflmao::acclaim: