• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

classic Magazine cover thread

249 posts in this topic

why no work????

Forum Permissions

You can start new topics

You can reply to topics

HTML is disabled

UBBCode is disabled

Arch has to change this.

The original cover painting of that issue by Vic Prezio just sold for $1,380 ($1,200 plus the juice) in the Robert Edward auction that ended last weekend. Not a bad price, IMO. Much better than the Jose Gonzalez Vampirella #101 frontispiece which sold for the nosebleed price (including the premium) of $5,462.50 (a new record for a Gonzalez frontispiece according to published records). :shocked:

and finally a superhero mag. Nexus #3

475070-nexus%203.jpg

Can a Nexus Magazine be slabbed? This was the 1st time I had pulled this issue out in a long time, and I noticed that it is wider than the other mags.

Frazetta.... cloud9.gif

e023.jpg

One of the nicest covers! The girl is great but man...THAT MARBLE PILLAR! shocked.gif

I've seen the original art to that cover at the Frazetta Museum in East Stroudsburge, PA. To my suprize most of the original artwork was not much larger than the printed covers.