• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FFB is nuts.

65 posts in this topic

I wanted an invite to the hunan restaurant. :cry:

I think that the Hunan restaurant is still in dispute, Mike. Is it FFB's, Pov's, or are they now sharing claim? (shrug)

It was definitely Mike's. Another boardie (Divad) had turned me on to a good Hunan place a few blocks away with a great black bean sauce and I took Michael there. He said he liked the other place (Hunan Home's) better so we went there the next time. It is still my go-to Hunan restaurant in SF. Fantastic food, great service, and good prices. And the place is huge so you can always get a table at lunch time.

I used to pick up dinner for the family there two or three times a week! :cloud9:

Hunan Homes is the place. It actually IS very very good. James and Lily (husband/wife) own the place. I remember getting hot and sour soup and upon tasting it, I stopped James and said "James, can I get some..."

He finihed the sentence for me "...vinegar?"

He understands food.

PS - rice wine vinegar is one of the great things to use with Chinese food. It adds a bit of "brightening", so to speak, but the effect is profound.

Sal, your comments are inappropriate and you owe FFB an apology. Calling someone a dandy is not OK. He may be a little foppish, but to call him a dandy is wrong. You should be ashamed.

Why don't you hunt him down, stand outside his house for hours on end yelling " I want my 2 dollars".

I would also remind Captain Finguh that there's always 1-800-NMCOMICS for all his Forum-based complaints.

Additionally you could contact the Internet authorities in the the great state of Nawth Ker'lina for redress and etc

I think that the Hunan restaurant is still in dispute, Mike. Is it FFB's, Pov's, or are they now sharing claim? (shrug)

It was definitely Mike's. Another boardie (Divad) had turned me on to a good Hunan place a few blocks away with a great black bean sauce and I took Michael there. He said he liked the other place (Hunan Home's) better so we went there the next time. It is still my go-to Hunan restaurant in SF. Fantastic food, great service, and good prices. And the place is huge so you can always get a table at lunch time.

I used to pick up dinner for the family there two or three times a week! :cloud9:

I used to live on Valencia in The City. One of the main things I miss is the ability to get such an unbelievable array of awesome food, of every possible ethnicity, without having to wander more than a couple blocks. A glutton's paradise.

In that area especially. :cloud9:

Hunan Homes is the place. It actually IS very very good. James and Lily (husband/wife) own the place. I remember getting hot and sour soup and upon tasting it, I stopped James and said "James, can I get some..."

He finihed the sentence for me "...vinegar?"

He understands food.

PS - rice wine vinegar is one of the great things to use with Chinese food. It adds a bit of "brightening", so to speak, but the effect is profound.

James is the man! I am with you on the vinegar. I don't eat Hunan anymore without it.

Automated counseling by trustworthy computer services, recorded by real Counseling Psychology students. Both can call at the same time and the dispute will be solved automatically

www.computercounselingservices.com "because... We... Care..."

Sal, your comments are inappropriate and you owe FFB an apology. Calling someone a dandy is not OK. He may be a little foppish, but to call him a dandy is wrong. You should be ashamed.

Why don't you hunt him down, stand outside his house for hours on end yelling " I want my 2 dollars".

better-off-dead.jpeg

I used to live on Valencia in The City. One of the main things I miss is the ability to get such an unbelievable array of awesome food, of every possible ethnicity, without having to wander more than a couple blocks. A glutton's paradise.

In that area especially. :cloud9:

One of my faves to fill up on decadent, artery-clogging chow, was the El Salvador Restaurant on Mission by 18th. That's one of those places that make me wish I was grotesquely obese so I could chow down all day long. The pupusas are amazing. :gossip: And for those that are apprehensive about what they're called, I was too..at first. :luhv:

This is the first time I ever see someone giving props to a place that serves pupusas, I've had them downtown TJ, no I meant, downtown L A. Mmm I could really go for some right now

Wait a second, :screwy:

You guys do not own these resturants? I think that your posts in other threads are misleading the masses. I was under the impression you guys owned possibly the same resturant, that exchanged hands for secrets in pressing golden age books.

I now will no longer read any thread that has the word nut's in it. For I am highly disappointed.

:blahblah:

What is going on? Is the world ok?

FFB, POV, Sal & Chrisco all posting in Comics General again? Did I wake up in 2006 and no one told me?

Where is Zaid? Kenny? Arex? Foolkiller? JBud? :ohnoez:

FFB, POV, Sal & Chrisco all posting in Comics General again? Did I wake up in 2006 and no one told me?

Paul Litch is nuts. You heard it here first.

Paul Litch is nuts. You heard it here first.

Plitch = pnuts!

:insane:

Ohhhhhhh no, I'm hanging out in the Golden section. (tsk)

Please don't make me come back here, noooooooooooo!!!!! :insane: