• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncle Scrooge 310. how rare?

40 posts in this topic

Damn!! I had no idea these were worth anything. I sold a run of #280-315 about a year and a half ago. I don't remember what condition the #310 was in. But I do remeber most of the books in that run were in NM condition. I sold the lot for $20.

Boo-urns!

simps_boourns.JPG

I think you should just be patient. A copy will turn up.

That's really a book you want to see in person before you buy, because those Gladstone books can have funny defects that don't show up well in a scan -- like wavy paper, corner chips, indentations, thumb marks and rubbing/finger prints.

My bet is that the Triple Distelfink story is going to be reprinted in some kind of HC collection eventually, and when it is that may cool demand and put a few copies back on the market as some collectors opt for the HC and try to unload the floppy because they know it's scarce.

Probably about 4 years ago, I bought a run from 309 to 320 or so. I ended up keeping several of the books, including the 310. I listed the others on eBay at .99 auctions, and IIRC, they ended around $30-50 each. Not really sure if the market has cooled significantly for these books since then, but I think $100 for the 310 is a fair price, and if you're patient, you might find the others for around $20. I agree, though, that cover price is unreasonable, unless the seller doesn't know what they have (highly unlikely on these boards. lol )

319 is the first Gemstone issue and probably the toughest/most expensive.

Gemstone print runs were about 5,000 copies, but they were lucky to sell half that amount. Quite a few copies were sloshing around in Gemstone overstock, LCS overstock, etc.

The problem is, demand was/is very low for duck books here is the USA.

I suppose the last few issues before Gemstone closed up shop could also be a bit hard to find, but I haven't really been looking.

319 is the first Gemstone issue and probably the toughest/most expensive.

Gemstone print runs were about 5,000 copies, but they were lucky to sell half that amount. Quite a few copies were sloshing around in Gemstone overstock, LCS overstock, etc.

The problem is, demand was/is very low for duck books here is the USA.

I suppose the last few issues before Gemstone closed up shop could also be a bit hard to find, but I haven't really been looking.

Plenty of copies of the ducks books when they were 1.50 or whatever. 6.95 was crazy. 8ve been in my shops many times and heard parents shocked at the price on those gemstones tthey were going to buy for their kid.

i found a 319 and 320 in a 3 dollar bin this summer, thus starting my quest for the rest

Did I miss that you are trying to buy the Gemstone run? What issues are you looking for?

I have a nice chunk of the Gemstone run from 319 up to about 3??, missing one out of which my dog ate a corner lol I'll go look it up later tonight.

Back from looking at the boxes.

I have available:

a random copy of 311

and then from the other run: 319 through 370 complete except for 327 that the dog chewed out.

If interested, please PM me.

Plenty of other Duck books available too but I won't list them here.