• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which FF #24 would you keep

32 posts in this topic

I see your quandry.....like me, you probably prefer a copy where the CCA stamp is not cropped.....but the copy with the full stamp has the corner logo wrapping to the back and obscuring it. Copy "A" seems to be the nicest condition wise....I'd take it for now. A "perfect" one may turn up later....it's probably like #21, very difficult to find one with a full logo AND stamp. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I see your quandry.....like me, you probably prefer a copy where the CCA stamp is not cropped.....but the copy with the full stamp has the corner logo wrapping to the back and obscuring it. Copy "A" seems to be the nicest condition wise....I'd take it for now. A "perfect" one may turn up later....it's probably like #21, very difficult to find one with a full logo AND stamp. GOD BLESS...

Exactly. That centering difference is my dilemma.

I prefer a slightly lower condition if book is perfectly centered. Copy A has the CCA and issue number square cropped, as well as the word "Marvelous" on right edge. A third copy would probably be the solution..until now, I need to choose

The spine on "A" is awesome.....a strong resale feature at upgrade time. The B from Book is missing on copy "B".....plus the miswrap to back, which I could live with if everything else was good. FF is probably the hardest of the Marvels for perfect QP. No.'s 12, 13, 21, 23, and 28 are all very tough to find perfect QP in high grade. GOD BLESS...

P.S. Copy "A" looks borderline 9.4 while B" looks a solid 9.0 (from the scan.....)

I would keep A. It looks like it would grade higher too.

On copy B there is creasing in the RED of the left edge.

The colors look better on A. And what is going on with the

top edge of B??

It's part of the art....but it does look like swiss cheese in a scan. GOD BLESS...