• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling slabbed (non CGC) comics in the selling forum

133 posts in this topic

My guess is the Iron Man comics were CGC also.

It's moot at this point. It was his intent to create an issue.

I like Davey's idea that all graded books must show the labels in their entirety to be eligible to be sold in the selling forums. That would put an end to this sort of nonsense. We have other forms of nonsense that are much more worthy of attention.

Doc I understand where you are coming from. But my nature is for less rules and regulations.

The rule is CGC only or raw. Why would we assume anything else????

Just looked through all of the threads and, while I admit Rupp didn't immediately say, "Of course they aren't PGX graded," he didn't do anything wrong in my eyes.

He was selling books with his usual tomfoolery. Then a couple of hotheads got riled up. One of them being that always even tempered Mark1. He could have squashed it all immediately, but that isn't his style.

Say whatever you want about me. Fact is those sale tactics were intended to cause controversy and attention. Sure I fell for it. But it doesn't remove the fact that the comics weren't described as the forum rules dictate. Raw or CGC.

Say whatever you want about me. Fact is those sale tactics were intended to cause controversy and attention. Sure I fell for it. But it doesn't remove the fact that the comics weren't described as the forum rules dictate. Raw or CGC.

feel free to keep making up the rules as you go along.

Rule #1 Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

Good to see someone twisting the panty-wad crowd. :applause:

Please direct me to the part where the rules say, "If a book appears to be slabbed, tell everyone that it is graded and slabbed by CGC so they won't get confused."

Please direct me to the part where the rules say, "If a book appears to be slabbed, tell everyone that it is graded and slabbed by CGC so they won't get confused."

Yeah that's what I'm saying :makepoint: your point makes no sense

People including myself asked in the sales thread whether they were CGC or raw and no answer was given. It was hidden intentionally to cause controversy.

Why is it everyone else who respects the sales forum lists their comics as either raw or CGC? Suddenly the rules are thrown out because some fools want to play around?

Who is "Graded by big Pete?". That isn't misleading?

Since I believe that Bio Rupp was directly asked in both threads if the books were slabbed by CGC or PGX, I would think that he should be required to provide an answer regarding books that he's offering for sale here? I realise that he deliberately didn't answer the questions directly because he wanted to wind up the people who were questioning whether he violated the rules.

My guess is the Iron Man comics were CGC also.

It's moot at this point. It was his intent to create an issue.

I like Davey's idea that all graded books must show the labels in their entirety to be eligible to be sold in the selling forums. That would put an end to this sort of nonsense. We have other forms of nonsense that are much more worthy of attention.

Doc I understand where you are coming from. But my nature is for less rules and regulations.

The rule is CGC only or raw. Why would we assume anything else????

Because of the selling thread that generated this thread. Oh, and people lie.

My point does make sense to me. All the rules say is that books have to be CGC or Raw. It doesn't say anywhere that books that appear to be slabbed should be described as CGC graded.

Not to me. I knew he was playing around. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you start calling for people to get strikes.

Since I believe that Bio Rupp was directly asked in both threads if the books were slabbed by CGC or PGX, I would think that he should be required to provide an answer regarding books that he's offering for sale here? I realise that he deliberately didn't answer the questions directly because he wanted to wind up the people who were questioning whether he violated the rules.

I agree that he should have immediately squashed the allegations, but I think he is a jokester at heart. I just don't see why certain people got SO worked up about it.

My point does make sense to me. All the rules say is that books have to be CGC or Raw. It doesn't say anywhere that books that appear to be slabbed should be described as CGC graded.

Not to me. I knew he was playing around. Maybe you should get your facts straight before you start calling for people to get strikes.

The books were pictured in slabs. That means they are either CGC or PGX. There aren't any other companies actively slabbing books. If they were PGX books, they had no business being sold in the selling forum as that is a violation of the forum guidelines.

Furthermore, when people tried to get their facts straight, they were met with evasive answers and baiting responses. Poor form all the way around.

The books were pictured in slabs. That means they are either CGC or PGX. There aren't any other companies actively slabbing books. If they were PGX books, they had no business being sold in the selling forum as that is a violation of the forum guidelines.

Furthermore, when people tried to get their facts straight, they were met with evasive answers and baiting responses. Poor form all the way around.

I'll admit that the situation could have and should have been handled better,

My problem is that when pictured in slabs, some people jumped to the fact that he was selling PGX books.

My problem is that when pictured in slabs, some people jumped to the fact that he was selling PGX books.

Of course they did. The top labels were intentionally cut off. When Matt Nelson or joeypost lists slabbed books, some people jump to the fact they are selling pressed books.

What would be the outcome if someone asked Joey if a book was pressed and he danced around the issue? I know Joey would never do that, but if he did, all manner of mess would hit the fan. Whether or not a book has been pressed isn't even covered in the selling forum guidelines. Whether a book is PGX graded or not is in the guidelines.

Just looked through all of the threads and, while I admit Rupp didn't immediately say, "Of course they aren't PGX graded," he didn't do anything wrong in my eyes.

He was selling books with his usual tomfoolery. Then a couple of hotheads got riled up. One of them being that always even tempered Mark1. He could have squashed it all immediately, but that isn't his style.

Mmmm mmm mmm, this is some good :popcorn:

. I wonder how some people here make it in the real world.

...I wonder how some people here make it out of their basements let alone the real world,...

I agree with you 100%.

Probably not in your direction, but certainly your sentiment.

(thumbs u

Mmmm mmm mmm, this is some good :popcorn:

:eyeroll: