• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling slabbed (non CGC) comics in the selling forum

133 posts in this topic

Quite enjoying the bantering about what he's done here, and its very obvious that if publicity was intended, then he got his in spades.

Lemme jump in here in Rupp's defense on one thing. Really only found one :eyeroll: statement that stood out like a sore d**k in the "Lets get our facts straight" dept.......

My guess is the Iron Man comics were CGC also.

It's moot at this point. It was his intent to create an issue.

I like Davey's idea that all graded books must show the labels in their entirety to be eligible to be sold in the selling forums. That would put an end to this sort of nonsense. We have other forms of nonsense that are much more worthy of attention.

Doc I understand where you are coming from. But my nature is for less rules and regulations.

The rule is CGC only or raw. Why would we assume anything else????

Because of the selling thread that generated this thread. Oh, and people lie.

I bought from him before, similarly to many other boardies, and to paint him with that brush is a little bold. Is that his first sales thread to even flirt with this statement?

He pushed the envelope, he didn't lie.

I didn't say he lied. I said people lie.

Quite enjoying the bantering about what he's done here, and its very obvious that if publicity was intended, then he got his in spades.

Lemme jump in here in Rupp's defense on one thing. Really only found one :eyeroll: statement that stood out like a sore d**k in the "Lets get our facts straight" dept.......

I like Davey's idea that all graded books must show the labels in their entirety to be eligible to be sold in the selling forums. That would put an end to this sort of nonsense. We have other forms of nonsense that are much more worthy of attention.

Doc I understand where you are coming from. But my nature is for less rules and regulations.

I bought from him before, similarly to many other boardies, and to paint him with that brush is a little bold. Is that his first sales thread to even flirt with this statement?

Oh God, I'm defending Watson.... doh!

Watson didn't say RUPP was lying. He said PEOPLE lie.

General is to Specific

as People lie is to The selling thread that generated this thread.

Important distinction.

An implication used in context is an accusation. Why even state that when it does not apply?

Because, my miscommunicating friend, it wasn't an implication. It was a general statement based on a general concept. They had moved on to discussing the rules GENERALLY, not Rupp SPECIFICALLY.

If you want to READ INTO it an implication that's not there, that's completely your choice, and a fine tradition on this board, but it's YOUR construction, and the statements don't support such a conclusion.

Thank you Captain Obvious. Should that statement the be posted in every thread as a reminder?

General is to Specific

Important distinction.

An implication used in context is an accusation. Why even state that when it does not apply?

Because, my miscommunicating friend, it wasn't an implication. It was a general statement based on a general concept. They had moved on to discussing the rules GENERALLY, not Rupp SPECIFICALLY.

If you want to READ INTO it an implication that's not there, that's completely your choice, and a fine tradition on this board, but it's YOUR construction, and the statements don't support such a conclusion.

I unfortunately missed the part where this became a general discussion, rather than a focus on an idividuals posting. My mistake.

General is to Specific

Important distinction.

I unfortunately missed the part where this became a general discussion, rather than a focus on an idividuals posting. My mistake.

Indeed.

Mainly because it's contained in the very quotes we've been posting back and forth to each other for the last 5 minutes.

LOOK UP. Not that far. There. Yes, right THERE.

There you go.

Thank you Captain Obvious. Should that statement the be posted in every thread as a reminder?

Knock yourself out, Captain Dumbarse.

It is a violation but difficult to absolutely prove they are PGX. Seems the latest

thread is designed to deliberately flaunt board rules and rub our noses in it.

I've purchased from that seller before and everything went fine but I won't in

the future and honestly, won't deal with anyone who purchases from that thread.

I know my $$ won't make or break any seller on the boards but I typically

purchase $400 - $500 per month here. Hopefully I'm not alone and this will

impact sales.

I don't know if I would go that far with it. That would be kind of like what happened to Cal, telling people not to deal with a certain seller.

We are not trying to divide the boards here.

Actually, from that thread it is obvious that he is. He expects thread crapping

and stated so in his first post. Perhaps down the road it will be reveled that

they are actually CGC books.

I've dealt with him. Seems like a nice guy and he ships as advertised but I

can't support him in the future.

Not supporting the seller makes sense if you disagree with their sales tactics. Refusing to do business with someone who buys from the seller seems a bit extreme though. I've done deals with lots of people who have bought from or sold to dealers I won't but fail to see the point of boycotting dealing with an individual who chose bought a comic or TPB they wanted just because of who they've purchased from in the past.

Someday, I'm going to invent a teleportation device that will allow me to warp right into someone else's living room (or basement, I don't discriminate) and much more effectively explain just where and how they fell off the communication rails....

It's BRILLIANT!

Too funny..... doh!

Too funny..... doh!

Can I be Major Obvious? I just got promoted.

Too funny..... doh!

Can I be Major Obvious? I just got promoted.

I want to be General Disarray. :cloud9:

I thought you cried like girl to be let out.

They promoted me anyway. I can't help it if I know what I'm doing in my job, you can give me a call sometime and I can tell you what that's like.

Which job would you be advising me about? The one I work from 7:45 to 3:15 Monday through Friday, the one I work evenings Monday through Friday, or the one I work 10:00 to 3:00 on Saturdays and Sundays?