• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling slabbed (non CGC) comics in the selling forum

133 posts in this topic

Purely hyposhatical ;) of course

Let's say you wandered on over to the selling forum and you saw someone selling comics that were clearly slabbed but they clearly were not CGC slabs.

Let's further say that the pictures were cropped to carefully block out the top of the slabs, thus not showing the label.

Are they then okay to sell here or is is still a violation of board selling guideline # 1?

It is a violation but difficult to absolutely prove they are PGX. Seems the latest

thread is designed to deliberately flaunt board rules and rub our noses in it.

I've purchased from that seller before and everything went fine but I won't in

the future and honestly, won't deal with anyone who purchases from that thread.

I know my $$ won't make or break any seller on the boards but I typically

purchase $400 - $500 per month here. Hopefully I'm not alone and this will

impact sales.

It is a violation but difficult to absolutely prove they are PGX. Seems the latest

impact sales.

I'm not too happy about it either. (thumbs u

Personally, I think it should be permitted as long as you don't reference it being slabbed or grading by another company. But that's not what's been enforced around here.

impact sales.

I don't know if I would go that far with it. That would be kind of like what happened to Cal, telling people not to deal with a certain seller.

We are not trying to divide the boards here.

impact sales.

I don't know if I would go that far with it. That would be kind of like what happened to Cal, telling people not to deal with a certain seller.

Actually, from that thread it is obvious that he is. He expects thread crapping

and stated so in his first post. Perhaps down the road it will be reveled that

they are actually CGC books.

I've dealt with him. Seems like a nice guy and he ships as advertised but I

can't support him in the future.

Personally, I think it should be permitted as long as you don't reference it being slabbed or grading by another company. But that's not what's been enforced around here.

That's because you're anti-establishment and get strikes on a recurring basis, troll.

That's because you're anti-establishment and get strikes on a recurring basis, troll.

Which of these two members is without a strike? That's what I thought.

Me.

:whee:

My single strike was trumped up like a pair of pumped up kicks. You're multiple strikes were lenient to say the least, shill.

It's a clear violation of the rules by not stating if they are raw or CGC. Anything else isn't left to interpretation. It's not a court where we need to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. It's a sales thread that continues to break forum rules.

I've never bought from this person to my memory and I won't be doing so in the future due to his current practices. I'd like to see the mods step in and end this nonsense ASAP.

I value the sale forum and if I need to abide by the rules so does everyone else.

impact sales.

Actually, from that thread it is obvious that he is. He expects thread crapping

and stated so in his first post. Perhaps down the road it will be reveled that

they are actually CGC books.

I've dealt with him. Seems like a nice guy and he ships as advertised but I

can't support him in the future.

+ 1. This is my position as well.

My single strike was trumped up like a pair of pumped up kicks. You're multiple strikes were lenient to say the least, shill.

I am multiple strikes? Besides mine are a little weak, but whatever. I just think it's funny that Rupp is now trying to imply that he's somehow holier than thou because of the fact that we have strikes. As far as I can tell, he does little more than just appear to start selling threads. Lords knows we need more non-contributing members just interested in making a buck.

I am multiple strikes? Besides mine are a little weak, but whatever. I just think it's funny that Rupp is now trying to imply that he's somehow holier than thou because of the fact that we have strikes. As far as I can tell, he does little more than just appear to start selling threads. Lords knows we need more non-contributing members just interested in making a buck.

Yes, you are multiple strikes. What we need is for more lawyers to join the boards.