• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling slabbed (non CGC) comics in the selling forum

133 posts in this topic

I'm attempting to respect the selling rules and do my best to ensure that

only slabbed CGC books are sold here, I don't appreciate a thread designed

to rub our noses in it.

I've purchased from that seller before and everything went fine but I won't in

the future and honestly, won't deal with anyone who purchases from that thread.

Holy cow you come off as pompous and delusional.

I didn't realize you were an administrator on this forum who should go after other posters and "ensure" rules are met. You "dont appreciate" a thread like that? Are you serious? Arrogant much? You wont deal with anyone who purchases from that thread? If character is that important to you, you might want to add humility to yours.

While I have no dog in this fight, and I believe rules of the board should be followed, it is clear some people take themselves far too seriously. I wonder how some people here make it in the real world.

Well Bill, I've never been called pompous, I'm far from it, although delusional

is probably close to the truth.

I'm stating my opinion and people can agree or disagree with it. I'm not sure

why you would call someone who is taking a stand for honesty and disclosure

pompous, arrogant or not humble. That isn't me.

A few years back someone was selling non CGC as raw. So I asked Gemma if a person could do this. I also asked her a hypothetical. Say the seller wasn't showing any other companies label. If the other companies grade was 8.5, but the seller thought it was a 7.5 and was selling it as a raw 7.5 was it allowed? Her response was that the seller could sell it as a raw 7.5, but it must be cracked out of that slab from the other company. As long as the book was pictured in any slab but CGC, t could not be sold here.

I thought you cried like girl to be let out.

They promoted me anyway. I can't help it if I know what I'm doing in my job, you can give me a call sometime and I can tell you what that's like.

Which job would you be advising me about? The one I work from 7:45 to 3:15 Monday through Friday, the one I work evenings Monday through Friday, or the one I work 10:00 to 3:00 on Saturdays and Sundays?

I'm hoping he can give you some advice for the 24-7 gatekeeper job you're doing right here, Lucy Van Pelt. :wishluck:

A few years back someone was selling non CGC as raw. So I asked Gemma if a person could do this. I also asked her a hypothetical. Say the seller wasn't showing any other companies label. If the other companies grade was 8.5, but the seller thought it was a 7.5 and was selling it as a raw 7.5 was it allowed? Her response was that the seller could sell it as a raw 7.5, but it must be cracked out of that slab from the other company. As long as the book was pictured in any slab but CGC, t could not be sold here.

hmmm - I did not know this. I bought a PGX slab from here on the boards once - they were very upfront about it and only described it at as NM. He further went on to explain that if I didn't want the comic in the PGX slab that he would be glad to crack it out for me but I figured if nothing else it would protect it for shipping purposes... opps, I should read those rules!

(by the way it went directly too CGC, still in it's PGX case, after it arrived for "proper" grading!! lol)

(thumbs u

That's been repeated a number of times.

I guess I'm pompous too, because I just can't think of a nicer way to say this... I think it's rude and disrespectful to try and sneak around these rules. I was very disappointed last week to see some PGX books posted in the GA forum and then in the sales forum with a note saying to PM for scans, and "everything will be clear"...nice guys involved in that one, too. Eventually, the books were cracked out, I think...but it took a while. I was serously thinking of buying one of them, but I just didn't want to support the activity.

It was not the first time I've seen stuff like that on the forum, there are a few sellers who crop the pictures.

I think Rupp is very funny, but this joke...not so much.

CGC is a business, and this is their home, I just don't understand the big deal,:shrug: crack the book out and if you want the slab for shipping, use some duct tape later.

Unless :shrug: you are slab challenged like me;) I have about 3 PGX books I don't really need, but will probably never sell here, because I'm afraid of breaking the book with the case :tonofbricks:

to rub our noses in it.

I didn't realize you were an administrator on this forum who should go after other posters and "ensure" rules are met. You "dont appreciate" a thread like that? Are you serious? Arrogant much? You wont deal with anyone who purchases from that thread? If character is that important to you, you might want to add humility to yours.

While I have no dog in this fight, and I believe rules of the board should be followed, it is clear some people take themselves far too seriously. I wonder how some people here make it in the real world.

You don't have to be an admin to help enforce board rules. In fact, as a community, it falls upon us to do much of the legwork. It's also community-minded to support those who adhere to board rules and withdraw support from those who don't.

It's nothing like arrogance. It's simply playing it straight and encouraging others to do the same.

I'm not sure why you can't understand this?

to rub our noses in it.

You don't have to be an admin to help enforce board rules. In fact, as a community, it falls upon us to do much of the legwork. It's also community-minded to support those who adhere to board rules and withdraw support from those who don't.

It's nothing like arrogance. It's simply playing it straight and encouraging others to do the same.

I'm not sure why you can't understand this?

^^

Oh no!!!!! I bought from that thread..... Oh please oh please fo forgive my ignorance and let me back into your lives.... For Pete sake, please forgive this ol' soul...

I can't decide if there is an overabundance of boyish charm on these boards, or if I fell down the rabbit hole and I'm really reading posts from a bunch of 12-14 year old boys...

Not 15 year olds, because by that age, they'd have discovered teenage girls and they'd be busy elsewhere;)

But JUST in case...

:makepoint::makepoint::makepoint:

I thought you cried like girl to be let out.

They promoted me anyway. I can't help it if I know what I'm doing in my job, you can give me a call sometime and I can tell you what that's like.

Which job would you be advising me about? The one I work from 7:45 to 3:15 Monday through Friday, the one I work evenings Monday through Friday, or the one I work 10:00 to 3:00 on Saturdays and Sundays?

lb1982.gif